Chapter 76: Van

Van sat in his office and waited for Gregory Ganson to show up. He'd been waiting for this all week. He wanted to make sure he had this meeting before that piece of shite took his annual Christmas holiday. He didn't usually like to ruin the holiday for anyone, but Ganson deserved this scare for all the years that tosser tried to pander to his mother for his position.

It's about time I've gotten some payback.

The door to his office slowly opened and Gregory's plump form trudged in. "You wanted to see me?"

Van grinned and sat up in his chair. "Yes, I did. Close the door and take a seat, Ganson."

He heard him grumble under his breath that he had better things to do than meet with a 'bloody fake.'

He won't think I'm so fake after this meeting.

"What can I do for you, m'Lord?" He sighed and slouched in the chair across from Van.

"You, Mr. Ganson, are going to support me when or if I file a litigation suit against Lady Blarcum."

Gregory stared at him and burst out laughing at his ridiculous request. "You're insane. I'd never support you. My loyalty firmly lies with your mother. Nothing will change that."

A devilish grinned curled on his lips. "Oh really?" he said and tapped a few keys on his computer to bring up his agent's report. "Not even if I have evidence that you're using your dividends to fund a drug ring in the States?"

He watched Gregory's face pale and little droplets of sweat beaded on his forehead. "Wh-what are you talking about? I-I don't do those sorts of dealings!"

"Mm, that's not what your shareholder accounts say. You just transferred a sizeable amount of money into a small convenience store retailer that I know for a fact is a cover for a drug smuggling business."

His face turned beet red as sweat slowly rolled down his face. "How could you possibly know that? That's...that's money I send to my relatives," he spat and wiped his forehead with a handkerchief.

Van sat back in his chair and enjoyed Ganson's nervous torment. "I have my ways and we both know, Donny 'Slick D' Smith, is not one of your relatives." He chuckled. "So, does this mean I have your support?"

"This is blackmail, Blarcum," he seethed and pulled out his phone. "I'm going to tell your mother what you're trying to do to me. She'll set you straight."

"I wouldn't do that, Ganson," he growled. "All I have to do is make one phone call and all your assets and your money will be seized. You'll lose everything and my mother won't bail you out."

Gregory's eyes grew wide as he slowly slipped his phone back in his pocket. "You're serious?"

"Yes." He glared. "Now, do I have your support?"

"O-of course, m'Lord," Gregory said and bowed his head. "You have my support and if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know."

Van raised an eyebrow. He didn't expect Gregory to cave so easily or offer his help. He'd certainly use it if he needed it. Gregory could round up some of his other shareholder plebs in his support for him too. "Thank you, I'll let you know if I need any assistance."

I should've done this a long time ago.

"You may leave, Ganson. Just remember if I hear any rumors of a possible litigation. I'll make that phone call."

Gregory's face paled again and he shook his head. "Oh no, m'Lord. I won't tell a soul of our meeting."

"Good." He grinned. "Now, you enjoy that holiday with your family."