Chapter 90: Amani

"I don't want you to go." Van murmured into Amani's hair. He held her tight and refused to let her get out of bed.

Since she told him about the baby, they had given up sleeping in separate bedrooms. Amani was against the idea initially, but Van made some logical points about the house staff already being aware of their feelings for each other and he argued that Nova would sleep through the night if they slept in the same bedroom. He was definitely not wrong about that. It had been so nice to sleep through the night without her whining to go to Van's room.

She rolled her eyes and pushed against his chest. "It's just for the weekend. I haven't seen Marie since New Year's and I need some girl time."

He trailed his finger over her cheek. "But what am I going to do all weekend?" he pouted.

"You have your doctor's appointment today and Hamdi is coming for the weekend." She smiled and kissed him softly. "You need some guy time too."

"I know, but why can't we just hang out together? You don't need to go to Edinburgh."

"I want to go. Marie and I are going to do some shopping and talk shit about you men."

He chuckled. "You can do that here." He sighed. "I'd just feel better if you stayed at the manor."

"Vannnn," she groaned. "You can't keep me locked up in the manor. I get that you're worried about your mother and our baby, but I have a damn security detail too," she said as tears pooled in her eyes. "I just need a few days away."

Van has become so protective of her since he found out about the baby. He was loath to let her go back to work. He told her she didn't need to work and she shouldn't push herself too hard if she was still feeling sick. She had to remind him that she wasn't a damn delicate flower or the type to be a kept woman.

"Okay, little witch." He nodded and wiped the tear rolling down her cheek with his thumb. "I'm sorry. I know all of this is a bit much, but I don't trust my mother and I want to make sure you're safe."

"I know and I'll be safe at Marie's."

He took a deep breath. "You're right, your guards will be with you and you deserve to have some time away. I'm just being paranoid."

She chuckled and kissed his cheek. "You are, but it's for good reason. Your mother is crazy."

He laughed. "Yes, which is why you're going to promise me to be vigilant, Amani," he said and held her chin tight. "Don't go anywhere without Marie or your guards."

"Yes, m'Lord," she teased and her heart pounded at the playful grin that spread across his lips.

"I'm serious, m'Lady. Do as your Lord commands."

She gasped. "You dare command the Lady of the Manor. She doesn't take orders from anyone."

Van slid his fingers into her hair and gripped it tight. "Mm, m'Lady better not disobey me," he mumbled and caught her lips with his. "Maybe I should punish you for that."

She moaned at the feel of his lips kissing and nibbling down her neck. "Mm, only if you promise not to make me late for my flight."

"You can get another flight," he growled and flipped her over on to her stomach. She screamed and shuddered when his hand slapped her bare ass.

I can always catch another flight.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
The Beast of Stornowayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें