Chapter 8: Amani

Everyone bowed when Lord Blarcum emerged from the house and Amani's eyes grew wide as she took in the formidable man. His rugged features were so dark, save for his bright green eyes and the flecks of blonde in his wavy brown shoulder length hair.

His shoulders were wide and broad  and the muscles in his arms strained against the dark green button up shirt that was rolled up to his elbows to show off his sun-kissed forearms. The pressed shirt laid perfectly against his lean, sinewy body and tucked neatly into a pair of black slacks that gently hugged his thick thighs. The man was built more like a laborer than a pampered Lord.

Amani's heart thumped hard. Lord Blarcum looked handsome in pictures, but they didn't do him any justice. 

Sweet Jesus, keep it together, Amani. He's your boss and completely out of your league.

Her throat felt dry all of a sudden.

Calm your damn heart, girl. 

She scolded herself as she desperately tried to stop her rapid heartbeat and create some damn saliva in her mouth!

"Lord Blarcum, I'd like you to meet your new assistant, Miss Amani Blake." 

Amani was pulled out of her stupor by Mr. Auld's introduction. She blushed, realizing she shouldn't be gawking. She was a staff member. She should be bowing like the rest of them. Oh God she was already messing up! 

"Mister-L-Lord Blarcum, it-it's an honor to be here," she stuttered and clenched her eyes shut as she bowed to him. She groaned internally. She already sounded like a fucking idiot!

Amani! Come on, be cool. You got this.

She let out a slow breath. 

If I want to keep this job and stay on this beautiful manor, I need to keep these damn emotions in check.