Chapter 67: Amani

Amani woke bright and early. She grinned as threw her blankets off and padded to the floor to ceiling windows in her room. She plopped down on the window seat and stared out the window at the view of the rolling hills, the peek of the ocean and the town below.

I picked the best room in the house!

"It's beautiful, isn't it, Nova?" She smiled as the pup jumped on the seat next to her and pressed her nose to the glass. "Come on, you need a walk, and mama wants to check out that pool," she said and popped up from the seat to sift through her suitcase.

A laugh sputtered from Amani's lips as she stared at the black bikini in her bag. It was delicately wrapped in burgundy ribbon with a small note attached to it. The damn ladies of the manor were at it again. Those sneaky women switched out her one piece for this skimpy spaghetti strapped bikini.

Amani sighed and held up the thin straps on the bottoms of the bathing suit.

It's early, as long as I get out of the pool before anyone sees me in this. It will be fine.

She slipped the suit on and stared at herself in the mirror. Amani didn't wear bathing suits that showed off her stomach or her tattoo, but she couldn't deny how good this one made her feel and look. It was simple, yet covered her goodies just how she liked it. She didn't even mind that her tattoo was on full display.

Touché, ladies.

She shrugged a white robe over herself, plucked a towel from the bathroom and grabbed her book from on top of the dresser. "Let's go, Nova," she called and the puppy scampered out of the room after her.

Amani walked slowly down the stairs and admired the marble flooring and intricate paintings on the cream-colored walls. This place was so exuberant, yet tasteful. It was a nice change from the dark colors of the manor and the many Blarcum family crests littered all over the place.

She smiled as she walked through the foyer to the double French doors that lead to the back of the villa. The morning sun was shimmering over the crystal blue infinity pool that overlooked the lush green hills surrounding the estate.

She laid her towel on a lounge chair and shrugged off her robe while Nova ran around the pool with her tennis ball hanging from her mouth. Amani grinned and plucked her Duke of Aberdeen novel out of the pocket in her robe.

She spotted an inflatable lounge at the edge of the pool and pulled it in the water. She placed her book on top and gracefully slid herself on to it. She opened her book and enjoyed the warm breeze blowing over her face as she floated around the pool.

This is the beginning of a perfect vacation. I could really get used to this.

Amani was oblivious to the chatter building around her as more people began arriving at the villa

Amani was oblivious to the chatter building around her as more people began arriving at the villa. Her eyes snapped open when her lounger tipped over and she splashed into the water. She surfaced and pushed her wet hair out of her face as she glared at her attacker. "That wasn't funny, Lord Abernathy."

"Oh, I'm sorry." He laughed and gave her a dazzling smile. "I was just having a little fun."

I can't stand him and that sleazy gleam in his eyes.

"I'm not in the mood for fun. Kindly leave me alone." She turned away from him to grab her lounger and her heart sank at her book floating in the water.

"Oh, come on, don't go yet," he pleaded as he slipped his finger underneath the strap at the back of her top and snapped it against her skin.

No, the fuck, he didn't.

Amani growled and whirled on him. She pulled her fist back and shoved it into Lord Abernathy's smug face.

"What the fuck?!" he screamed and held his hands over his bleeding nose.

Before Amani could kick him in the balls, an arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her away from him. She struggled and clawed her nails against the restraint while Nova barked and growled from the edge of the pool.

"Amani! Nova!" Van roared at them. He held Amani tight to his side and shielded her from Lord Abernathy. "Declan, get the fuck off my property," he seethed.

"Gladly. You two are fucking crazy," Lord Abernathy whimpered through his hands.

I'm crazy?! That sick fuck snapped my top and ruined my book!

Amani gripped Van's hand and pulled it away from her. "Let me go," she said and pushed away from him. She swam to the edge of the pool and climbed out. She stalked to the lounge chair, ripped her robe from it and continue into the house.

Fuck those Mionlach assholes. This shit was exactly why I didn't want to come on this trip.

She heard the lewd remarks from Lord Abernathy and his crew at Lady Fife's party. Amani hated the way they talked about her and the other women in the room. It was appalling. She didn't understand why anyone would want to keep company with disgusting creatures like that.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Lady Fife shrieked and stood in front of Amani in a neon pink bikini that washed out her pasty white complexion. Amani ignored her and the groupies around her as she moved around them through the foyer to the stairs.

"Amani! You're getting the floors all wet. You can't walk through my house like that." Lady Fife huffed and grabbed Amani's arm to stop her pursuit.

Amani looked down at her hand while Nova growled behind her. "Don't fucking touch me," she seethed and plucked Lady Fife's hand away from her. "This isn't your house. If Lord Blarcum has a problem with me getting his floors wet, he can tell me himself." She pushed past Lady Fife and continued to the stairs. Amani couldn't believe that bitch put her hands on her. Lady Fife was lucky she didn't punch her too. She clenched her fists. This damn vacation was already turning to shit.

Amani wasn't going anywhere near those Mionlach fucks. She sure as hell wasn't drinking around any of them. She might end up doing more than punching someone in the face. That wouldn't be a good look for Van or the company.

 That wouldn't be a good look for Van or the company