Chapter 53: Lady Fife

'Did you see them?'

'They danced so perfectly together.'

'Lord Blarcum doesn't look at Lady Fife like that.'

Rebecca clenched her jaw as she stared out the car window. Everyone was talking about the dance that Van and Amani shared last night.

How did I miss it? And how dare he embarrass me like that? I told him to stay the hell away from that woman.

The only reason she didn't call his mother was because the gossiping socialites chided that Van left Amani all alone on the dance floor. Rebecca's lips curled into a devilish smile. They said Van looked like he was disgusted with her. The Mionlach ladies also gushed about him getting into a fight with Declan and Callum. There were a bunch of rumors floating around social media that Van and Declan were fighting over her.

What a good boy he is...

Rebecca watched as Van's stone manor came into view. She decided to reward his good behavior and stay the week with him and his friends. She'd also make sure Van kept his damn distance from that cunning little tart.

Rebecca was going to remind him why he fell in love with her the first time. Then he wouldn't care to look in Amani's direction. Van would be back under her spell and wrapped around her finger again.

The car rolled to a stop in front of the manor and the driver quickly got out to open her door. Rebecca grinned to herself as she walked up the steps. It was only a matter of time before Van gave into her and his mother's demands. Her smile slowly fell at the sight of the bottles of whiskey and rum and a glittering pair of gold heels sitting on the bench just beside the front door.

They were out here together.

Rebecca clenched her fists at her side and marched to the door. She gripped the handle to twist it open and growled when she realized the door was locked. She grabbed the door knocker and slammed it hard against the wood.

The door quickly swung open and Benny stared at her with his eyes full of shock. "Lady Fife! What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see my fiancé," she said as she pushed past the old man and stalked towards the stairs.

Van is going to explain that mess on the porch right now.

"L-Lady Fife, m'Lord is still sleeping," Benny called as he hurried after her. "Why don't I have Lydia make you a cup of tea and I'll tell him you've arrived," he said as he took her hand to stop her from climbing the stairs.

Rebecca snatched her hand away from him. "No thank you. I can wake him myself."

"Mm, no you won't." Marie smirked from the top of the stairs. Hamdi stood behind her with a smug grin on his face. "We're all going to have a nice cup of tea and let Benny announce your arrival. Van's not going anywhere, Rebecca. You don't have to act so thirsty all the time." She laughed as they descended the steps and blocked Rebecca from going any further.

"Yeah, we haven't seen you in a while. Let's have a catch up while Benny wakes Van. You know how he is when he has a hangover," Hamdi said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

Rebecca glared at him but allowed him to turn her away from the stairs. She remembered how cranky Van could be when he'd had a few too many. She sighed. If she wanted to seduce him again, she'd have to play nice. She'd just wait to scold him about his pathetic infatuation with Amani. That's all it was. Van couldn't possibly want someone as low class as Amani.

Rebecca sat on one of the couches in the sitting room and smiled at Marie and Hamdi. She'd play their little game too. She knew Marie didn't want Van to marry her, but Marie had never been any good at playing Mionlach games. Rebecca would have Marie eating out of her palm again too.

 Rebecca would have Marie eating out of her palm again too