chapter one

Y/N'S POV

It's been two long years since Ariana and I split up. Everyone believed that we ended our relationship due to long distance and we kept it that way to protect her.

We rarely spoke anymore, probably once a month at most. It does make me extremely happy when we do talk.

It feels as though I'm just a fan again. I get excited about the littlest of messages from her to see how I'm doing.

She released an album a year ago and most of the songs were about me. The lyrics weren't bad in any way. They were actually really sweet and beautiful songs.

She's also been releasing some singles recently but she hasn't told me if another album is on the way.

It's really good to see her content and doing what she loves. She's become even more successful with her latest album if that's even possible.

Speaking of success, I am in a higher position at work and getting paid double the salary of my other job.

I was nervous to apply for the job but I'm glad I did because now I get my own office with a nice view of the city.

I also bought my own house too. It's nothing big but it's pretty cool to be a home owner now.

It's got two bedrooms and one bathroom. Ariana was one of the first people I told about it and she was so happy for me.

As a house warming gift, she bought me a heaps of furniture. It was a surprise coming home from work seeing people move stuff into my new empty house.

The only thing that gave it away was a picture of a world map that had dots marked where Ariana had taken me during her Sweetener Tour.

It's such a heart warming thing to see every time I walk through my house.

My parents still very much adore Ariana with everything she's done for me. It's hard to believe it's been two years since we went our own ways.

I was sitting at my desk and munching on some crackers when a knock sounded at my door.

"Come in," I said before Grace walked in with a smile on her face.

Grace is a lovely, kind woman who I work with. We're close in age and she's always been obsessed with wanting to meet Ariana after all the stories I've told her.

We became quite close when she started out since she technically works for me but I treat her like she's one my best friends, since she is now.

"Hey y/n, Craig wants to see you in his office about a conference that's coming up," she told me. I gave her a nod and wiped my salty fingers on a napkin.

"Oh Jesus, I hope I don't have to go," I whined, standing up and walking over to Craig's office.

I knocked and heard a faint voice telling me to come in. I opened the door and was greeted by the middle aged man.

He smiled and motioned for me to take a seat in front of his desk. I did what I was asked to do and gave him a smile in return.

"So... there's a conference in New York and I've been asked if you could attend. You'd get free accommodation, food, drinks and leisure time from 5pm," he told me with a bright smile painted on his face.

I couldn't help but grin back but did I hear him correctly? New York? Like the New York City?

"Do I have a choice?" I asked, making a joke and he chuckled lowly.

"No, not really. I'm bummed that I can't attend but you'll be reporting to me after every day," he said then took a sip of his water.

"How many days is it?" I questioned curiously.

"Three days but you'll be there for a week," he said to me and sat back in his chair.

"I guess, as long as I'm flying business class or first class," I smirked and he rolled his eyes playfully.

"I'll see what I can do but no promises," he told me and I grinned widely at my triumph.

We spoke for a little longer until I went back to my desk to complete some documents.

I couldn't stop thinking that I was going to a conference in New York. I hadn't been there since I was with Ariana. I really enjoyed it there mostly because I was with her.

I wondered if she was in New York at the same time I would be. As much as that would be great, I'd be there for work and not leisure.

Although... my boss did mention that I had leisure time after 5pm.

But did I want to see Ariana because I missed her as a friend or because I missed her as a fiancée?

The whole afternoon it was stuck in the back of my mind. I could really see Ariana again after all this time.

You see... some people grow out of things but she was something I couldn't stop thinking about. Even til this day I wake up thinking about her.

I missed and loved her too much to just ghost her. She had a special place in my heart.

Once I had finished my last task, I made my way home. It wasn't far from the city which was handy as I didn't have to wake up as early.

While I was on the train home, I messaged my best friends Kiara, Lucas and Sarah.

They were stoked about how I was going to New York for work but mainly because they've been secretly trying to get me back with Ariana.

When I finally got home, I changed into something comfy and snacked on some dried fruit and nuts.

I scrolled through instagram and noticed Ariana had posted a video of Toulouse. I missed him so much, he was so adorable.

I watched the video and noticed the surroundings. It wasn't enough for me to see where she was so I clicked into her account profile.

She had posted quite a few times since I was last went on Instagram a few days ago.

It seemed that she was in New York with Courtney, Njomza, and Doug. I smiled to myself when I saw a photo of her posing with a Starbucks drink in her apartment kitchen.

She looked absolutely flawless in all of her photos, even the ones that weren't posed.

I clicked to view her Instagram stories. There were plenty of videos of Myron and Toulouse which made me laugh.

Some were of her friends and others were promo for her latest single that was released a few weeks ago.

She looked pretty happy with her life as it was. It did sadden me to think that she probably didn't want me anymore after waiting so long for me.

After these couple of years I had felt so lonely without Ariana. When she smiled at me, I felt my whole body lighten up.

Her dimples were so cute, her laugh was so contagious and her body was effortlessly beautiful.

I missed every inch of that woman. She taught me so much there is to know about life. There was no way I could ever move on from her.

These past two years I haven't seen her with anyone else. I was curious if she had been dating someone but was hiding it from me.

If she had been single all this time, I would be surprised but happy that she kept her word.

I looked back down at my phone and read the caption under a photo of her posing in front of a mirror.

arianagrande missin you ☁️

Was her caption about me? I hoped it was so I had a good chance to see her in New York.

Was I ready to be in a relationship again?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone!!
First chapter of the sequel book! What are your thoughts??
I know it was pretty boring and nothing happened but the next chapter will follow Ariana and then the story will get good, I prooomise!!
Thank youuuuuu for reading 😁