Madran's Resolution

March 25

It had been a few days, and Madran was back in school. Once she got to the subway, she met up with Suga and Sheila, as was normal.

"Hey, guys! How're y'all?"

"Oh, I'm good. The aloe and basil are almost ready!"

"Um... ok."

"I'm fine, I just dropped a bottle of foundation on my foot earlier today."

"Oh, yikes, that must've hurt."

"Yeah..."

Sheila sighed and the group boarded the train.

"So, how's nurse class, Suga?"

"Oh, I'm enjoying it. It's much better than having to sit with Proctora, I'll tell you that."

"Yeah, I can imagine."

"Oh, hey, guys!"

Madran looked over to see Ann standing next to Shiho. She also heard the noise of crutches and looked over to see someone else approaching them.

"Oh, heya, Ryuji!"

Suga waved to the person, with Madran noting that he was much taller than Ann, with short blonde hair that Madran was sure was dyed, pale skin, eyebrows that had the sides shaved off, a lean but muscular build, and crutches under both arms.

"So, what's up?"

"These."

Ryuji made a very unamused face as he waved one of the crutches around.

"Well, how's physical therapy?"

"Oh, it's great. This really nice lady helps me with all sortsa stuff, like stretches, exercises, massages, and stuff like that."

"Ooh, cool, what's her name?"

"Eh, Sonamura-sama."

"Not what you call her--"

Madran sighed.

"Oh, whatever."

"Well, how's your writing been?"

"Um, I've been having sort of a block, nothing's really come to mind as of yet. Hey, Ann, Sheila, when's your new gig going to be?"

"Next Friday. Why'd ja ask?"

"Oh, I was just curious."

The train stopped and everyone got off.

"So, Madran, what do you have today?"

"Well, not gym, thankfully."

Madran, Suga, and Sheila all chuckled for a few seconds until Suga spoke up again and leaned in to whisper.

"Ok, so, after school, we check on Philemon, and discuss what to do next."

"Gotcha."

"Mmm hmm."

The group broke from the whisper and went their separate ways, with all of them heading to different classes. Once Madran made it to her first class, she sat down and waited for everyone else to arrive.

"Good morning, Madran!"

"Hi, Ms. Kawakami!"

Madran smiled at her teacher and began to work on some leftover classwork from Tuesday. However, everyone else also began to arrive, and Ann sat down next to Madran.

"Oh, did we have homework?"

"No, we didn't, I'm just writing various things down."

"Oh, ok."