A Long Stream of Criticism

March 8

Madran and the rest had gathered in The Velvet Room. During the short waiting time for Sheila to arrive, Madran began to chat with Elizabeth.

"So, uh, do you have any other siblings aside from Margaret and Lavenza?"

"Oh, yes, yes, there's Theodore. However, due to some odd issue, we haven't been able to bring him over."

"Well, where was he last?"

"Igor found that a timeline similar to mine when I was an attendant was in... well, as much trouble as mine. So, he sent Theodore and a copy of himself to help out. Fortunately, it went well, and I've been able to see him, uh, once or twice, but earlier, when Margaret tried to contact him, he didn't or couldn't respond."

"Oh. Well, that's unfortunate. What do you think might have happened?"

"Hmm... well, I could mention the unmentionable, and get Philemon very mad, or I could just theorize. Possibly, when the girl formed her seal, it stuck the people she cared for most in her timeline. Namely, Theodore, and her boyfriend."

"But, wouldn't her boyfriend not be capable of whatever hocus-pocus y'all use?"

"True. However, it seems that Theodore is stuck."

"This happens way more times than you might know..."

Elizabeth looked back at Margaret, who was sitting on the couch.

"Plus, what is so fearful of mentioning him? After all, Philemon isn't here."

"Hmm. You do have a point, sister. Well, Madran, there was once-"

Sheila went through the door.

"Oh, finally, you've arrived."

"Are ya done curling your eyelashes, Sheila?"

"Why, yes. I'm also done pruning my toenails."

Sheila shot a smug grin a Suga.

"Well, where's Philemon?"

"He went to wait at his special place."

Madran, upon hearing this, walked up to that door. and recited the magical words. She then poked her head in.

"HEY, PHILEMON, HURRY UP!"

Madran brought her head back out. After some waiting, Philemon arrived.

"Well, let's go. Shall we?"

Philemon looked around and rested his gaze on Elizabeth. She looked slightly nervous, and looked down a bit. Philemon then went through the door, and was followed by everyone else.

"Ok, so what's the plan, Fwoosh?"

"Um, we basically have to climb this back part."

Madran pointed back behind them. They now were fortunately on the place where they had fought the four Mitamas, and were ready to finis the palace up.

"Well, did you scan the place beforehand?"

"Um, yeah. Well, it doesn't have as many 'traps,' and looks more like an actual building. Yes, the walls don't go all weird when I scan them."

"Well, I'm fine with that! No more instant headaches."

"True."

Madran went through the door; for it was the only way in and she didn't scan any shadows nearby. Once in, she noticed that the area resembled actual stone walls.

"Hey, this looks kinda old for a techie citadel of sorts."

"Well, maybe she just gave up halfway through."