The Other Side

Madran sat with Suga and Sheila, discussing what just happened.

"So, just like that, Maya's dead?"

"Then, how is she here today?"

"Well, maybe the third room might tell us."

"The problem is, I don't really want to go to the next room. Can't we just like, explode the wall and move on?"

"Well, Elizabeth told me that every memory that we've fought so far has left a tarot card, and the door over there needs four cards to open."

"Which cards do we have so far?"

"Moon and Death."

"Oh. Ok."

"So, illusions and metamorphosis?"

"I guess. Hey, Rumor, how're ya doing?"

"Fine."

Maya was currently snuggling Chicory and looked perfectly content.

"Gotcha. Hey, Velvet Sisters, what about you?"

"We're trying to understand what all of those cryptic messages Igor told us were about."

"Like?"

"Like how our greatest enemy is still out there, and that the reason it's still there is why he recruited us."

"Huh. Hey, Plague, do you think that it's Nyarlathotep?"

"Um, not really? Like, I still want to see what happens next."

Sheila sighed and stood up.

"Well, let's not wait around. Let's go see what happens after the timeline reset."

Suga and Madran also stood up and went into the next room. Chicory also followed, which compelled Maya to go after them. Lastly, Margaret and Elizabeth walked in.

"Ok, Margaret, fire it up!"

The memory began, and Madran prepared for another 30 minutes of standing still. The scene centered on Philemon on his dimension, and saw that he was watching over Maya. His voice then rang out to Madran's group.

"After everyone chose to forget, a new timeline was formed, where the apocalypse never happened. However, one person chose to remember, and Nyarlathotep jumped on that."

The scene changed to Tatsuya, who had been walking down a road. Madran also saw Maya walking down as well. Both were incredibly unaware of each other, which caused them to bump into the other. Maya fell backwards and the stuff she was holding scattered about, with Yukino running up behind her to help. Tatsuya got back up and offered a hand to Maya.

"Sorry about that! I wasn't looking."

Maya smiled and accepted Tatsuya's hand, getting up with it.

"It's fine! Thank you, Yukki."

Maya took the things she was holding back and turned to Tatsuya.

"Well, I'm Maya Amano."

Maya held a hand out to Tatsuya and smiled. Tatsuya shook it.

"And I'm Tatsuya Suou. Um..."

Tatsuya stared into space for a bit, and Maya brought her hand back.

"Nice to meet you, Tatsuya. Do you need help?"

Tatsuya shook his head.

"Oh, no, I'm fine. Um, I have to go! My brother's waiting."

Maya nodded.