A Precious Balance of Activities

January 16, 2015

Madran was already up and dressed, and had made coffee for Elia. She anxiously waited for her to wake up, which she did.

"Um, Madran, I had a weird dream-"

"I know."

Madran smiled. Elia looked very confused, and fed Chicory.

"Um, how much do you know?"

"Did a man that goes by Philemon talk to you?"

"Yes. Why do you know this?"

"Whatever he told you wasn't a lie."

"Wait, so..."

Elia took a sip of coffee. Madran gathered her school stuff and checked her uniform. It was a casual-nice shirt, with a green and red plaid skirt.

"You can access the minds of those who are corrupt, as he said?"

Madran pulled out her phone, showing her the Metanav.

"Um... who's Nightingale? Wasn't she that doctor..."

"Yes, and, well, um..."

Madran sighed.

"How do I explain this..."

"What?"

"'Nightingale' is the name of a physical representation of my true self, or a persona."

"Isn't a persona a metaphorical mask that someone wears to disguise their true self?"

"Not in this case."

Madran packed her lunch.

"Dad, well, he has one of those 'palaces.'"

"That would mean that he would be corrupt then, right?"

Madran tapped around on the phone.

"Ooh, what's this?"

Madran tapped the button labelled "speech". It then played Nightingale's full speech to Madran, and when she awakened to her.

"Wait, so that's what Travert thinks of you?!"

"Yeah."

"Philemon also told me to keep this a secret. Heh. My daughter, a crime-fighting thief."

"Thief?"

"In the dream, he stated that you would be 'stealing his treasure,' which is a physical embodiment of his distorted desires."

"Oh."

"Well, I guess that I should help out. I will give you the afternoon to do any Metaverse exploring, but also try to keep up with your school stuff."

"Yeah. That can be an issue. I guess that I'll have to manage time, then."

"Heh. I'll help. We all know how good that goes when you try it."

"Hey!"

Madran playfully nudged Elia's shoulder.

"Ok. Let's get down to the subway."

Elia and Madran walked off to the subway. Suga was there, and Elia gave her daughter a quick kiss on the forehead before she walked away with Suga.

"Another day of school, and another day of Kamoshida."

Suga sighed.

"Well, Suga, that isn't the entire school day."

"I know, but that goofass is always standing at the entrance, like he owns the place or something."