Haze and Smoke

March 11

Madran and the others arrived back in the Velvet Room. Madran was busy chatting with Suga; as Sheila hadn't arrived yet.

"So, um, what happened in gym today?"

"Oh, well, I might've sent a soccer ball right at Kamoshida's face, totally on accident."

Suga chuckled. Margaret smiled warmly.

"My, you certainly have gotten braver since I got you to join Madran."

"Yeah! I'm honestly really glad that this suddenly happened. I mean, it's only been about a month, and I already am really into it."

"I am quite glad. Say, sister, have you seen Philemon?"

"Oh, well, he had to go."

"Where?"

"Well, Madran, the Metaverse."

"Right. Um, can you tell me more about him, then?"

Margaret instantly looked slightly panicked.

"...Elizabeth."

"Yes?"

"What have you told Madran?"

"Oh, well, just that he's gotten into some issues."

"If one is not willing to talk about such things openly, then why-"

"Uh, Margaret, like, I really wanna know why Philemon is acting all weird all the time. Seriously, even if what he did was really bad, I want to know."

Margaret smiled.

"I understand. You are quite driven, much like Yu."

"In fact, she's like my patron as well."

"Uh, weren't they both Fool Arcanas?"

"That isn't a bad thing. It gives them the power of the wildcard."

"Oh, where they can use several personas?"

"Yes."

Chicory sat next to Margaret's feet, and the door to Sheila's room swung open. Sheila came through.

"Hi! I'm back. Um, are we ready?"

"Yeah! Um, Chic, over here!"

Madran snapped her fingers and made a few kissing noises, and Chicory followed after her. Once the four got through the door to Marcie's palace, they saw that Philemon was waiting for them.

"Hiya, Butterfly! How are ya?"

"Let's go."

"Um... ok."

Madran, who felt rather confused about Philemon's sudden urging to move, carried on and went to the latest Safe Room.

"Hey, Fwoosh, that hairpin looks cool."

Madran gestured to her hair. To control the frizziness, she had put it in a ponytail-bun with some ringlets hanging out. However, she had it like that once when she went into the Metaverse, and her hair changed to that style whenever she had entered after that.

"Yeah, thanks!"

Madran tapped the flame-like hairpin, and looked around. They had just exited the Safe Room, and were at the central room.

"So, what now?"

"Um, we should go through the door!"

Madran opened the door to what she thought was the way forwards, and was correct. She then guided everyone along, as they found that they were in more windowed hallways.