The Deepest Part of the Lab

February 13

Madran, Philemon, Chicory, and Suga all congregated in the Velvet Room once more with Margaret.

"So, when should we head out?"

Philemon was facing away from them, putting his mask on. He then, fully masked, turned around to acknowledge them.

"Soon. Margaret has something to say first."

Margaret nodded.

"Yes. Once you guys are finished, meet me back here. I have a little surprise I found for you."

The group nodded. Chicory hopped off of the blue couch, standing next to Madran.

"Well, um, Elia also told me that she was working on something aside from that really rude person-"

Margaret cleared her throat.

"What?"

"You should get going. The conference is in less than two weeks, and you still have no idea where the treasure is."

"Well, this ain't a mansion."

Madran and Margaret chatted for some more before Suga dragged her through the Metaverse door.

"Ok! Fwoosh, let's go."

Philemon transported them to the latest Safe Room and they all walked out.

"So, the Deep-er Lab?"

"Maybe."

The group went through the next door, which automatically opened.

"Ooh! Exquisite!"

"Is part of the corruption that the area gets more advanced?"

"Didn't you already say that, Plague?"

"Oh we-"

Suga stepped on the floor. It gave off a slight sqlorch noise.

"Eew! Ick!"

"Oh, well. I guess that we are very close."

Several lab assistants were working on setting up panels to hide the mess, paying no heed to the group walking by them.

"Yikes. So, he just gets other people to cover up the corruption?"

Philemon shook his head.

"This is so symbolic that my head hurts."

"Yeah. Um, let's move on through."

There was more walking to be done, until a particularly large assistant with a dog that looked much like the failed experiments stopped them.

"Hey, you four. Halt."

"Nope!"

Suga tried to walk through, but was almost clotheslined by the shadow.

"Past here is Dr. Proctora's office. Nobody but him and a few others are allowed in there."

"Those are?"

"Him, Suga-"

"I'm Suga! Let me and my friends through!"

The shadow convulsed and transformed into a weird, human-like blue object. Its face was a blue circle with a green swirl on it, and it waved about in a weird wind. It was paper thin, and much shorter than Suga.

"All orders concerning Suga is for her to be brought in by one of us. Now please-"

"Persona!"

Bubonia appeared, hitting the shadow with a Garu. It was shot back, and hit her instead.