All Inside of Your Head

Madran bolted down the hallway, dashing from place to place, feeling a type of exhilaration that most thieves would feel when going to steal a precious artifact from a museum. Madran had loved those movies, and now got a chance to live out that experience.

"Butlers, 8 o'clock."

Madran hid behind a wall corner. She heard small footsteps approaching, and peeked around. There were two butlers walking down. They were discussing her whereabouts, and they split up. One went through a door, and the other went back from where he came. Madran took this moment to run up behind him and tap his shoulder.

"Who-"

As soon as the butler turned around, Madran yanked off the mask. The butler then turned into a demonic horse-like creature with goat-like horns.

"Ok! Nightingale, gimme a scan!"

Madran scanned the shadow.

"Bicorn. Weak to electric attacks, and can hit you with physical attacks. These detract from its life, though."

Madran nodded.

"Ok! Agi!"

Nightingale hit the Bicorn with a fiery blast. It seemed to stumble back for a bit, and charged at her. She dodged it, striking it with her flail. It exploded into black dust and the fight was quickly over.

"That was quick."

"Yep."

Madran ran on, barging into a room. It was a library.

"Ooh! Books!"

"Madran, keep focus. This could have some hints on where the treasure is."

Madran walked over to a massive book.

"Cases. Hmm."

She opened to a random page.

"Suija Rastomi... started up a small perfume business, but forgot a few minor steps. She now has a hefty debt for that grave mistake. What?!"

"Read on. Find out what evil your father has done."

Madran flipped through the pages, finding many files of people who's small stores or cafes were cut off due to mistakes that they made in the process, big or small.

"Wait! I recognize that guy!"

Madran pointed to a photo of the coffee shop owner that Sheila took them to. It read, "Sojiro Sakura. Investigation pending, but I don't like the guy. I'll find something against him, I'm sure. The screening should take place on February 4th."

"That's evil!"

"Wait..."

Nightingale materialized and reached out. She had some difficulty grasping the page, but she flipped to the back.

"No..."

Madran read it.

"Elia Farjis. I don't care what method I use, this bitch needs to suffer for stealing Madran from me."

"The truth is more painful than Legos. Your father will, and can, remove your mother's small law firm."

"That dick..."

Madran breathed in and out.

"So, we need to stop this by February 5th. How do we do this?"

Philemon landed on the book.

"You need to find the treasure of this palace, and steal it. A treasure is the physical representation of every distorted desire your father has. However, once you steal it, those distorted desires vanish, causing a 'change of heart,' where the person will try to better their lives and those around them."