The Journey to the Treasure

March 9

Madran and the rest were back in the Velvet Room. Madran then had a question to ask Margaret.

"Hey, Margaret, so, what do you call the shadows that Yu's friends' shadows took?"

"Oh, why, they were a simple representation of their worst values."

"What about dad, Proctora-san, or Shiini?"

"Well, uh..."

"Well, sister, let us think. You do remember my... Zeus incident?"

"Huh? What happened?"

"I, well, tried to fuse a powerful persona for my attendant, but it proved too strong for me, and possessed me."

"Yikes."

"Anyways, my point is that when I saw Shadow Shiini's form, I got similar, well, vibes from that. Also, well, Madran's scans didn't reveal everything."

"Well, Elizabeth, since you've been so kind to build this up, why not reveal what you have in store?"

"Why, Suga, much like how the shadows you face take form as creatures from myths and the such, the larger shadows did the same. Shadow Travert's form took place as Justita, the moral and human representation of justice. That one is a new one for sure. Then, for Shadow Proctora, he took form as Alciel, which, according to Chaldean myth, happens to be the lowest level of hell. Alciel is also associated with Abaddon, which represents the abyss, things close to Satan, and such. Lastly, we get to Shadow Shiini. He takes form as Zeus, the leader of Olympia, but one with a tendency to lust after women and completely ruin their lives, and get his wife on them. Poor girls."

"Wow. That's... interesting."

"I do hope that you now have the scanning potential to see what Shadow Marcie might turn into, aside from a frightening form."

"Gotcha. Well, let's head out."

Madran led everyone else aside from the velvet sisters to the Metaverse.

"Hey, Butterfly, could you tell what the shadows represented?"

"No, I just saw the three as Margaret might of seen them."

"Oh, ok."

Philemon then transported everyone to the latest Safe Room, and they continued their suspended operations. However, Madran was quickly halted when a few shadows appeared in front of the stairs.

"You shall go no further! Die, traitors of women!"

The shadows, after their brave exclamation, transformed into a Scathach and one new shadow. This one looked to have a female upper body, but a snake lower body. The human section sported light tan skin, black hair that was put over one part of her head, red eyes, and two arm bands that gave off bright gold gleams. The snake part was mostly pink with the underside being apricot in color. Madran scanned her while everyone else focused on the Scathach.

"Ok! This one's Lamia. She blocks Eiha and Mudo, resists our guns and Zio, and is weak to Bufu. Ugh, if only we had an ice attacker..."

Suga directed a Magarula at the group, followed up with a Baton Pass into Yorick attacking with a Mind Slice. After that, Scathach got a blank look in her face, and didn't attack.

"Hmm. It seems that the side-effect of Chicory's Mind Slice has taken place."

"Cool! We just gotta take care of this very-hard-to-knock-over squad."

Madran directed a Bad Beat at the group, which killed the Scathach. Then, the Lamia utilized a Rising Slash, and targeted Bubonia. It landed, and Suga focused on healing herself with a Diarama. Chicory and Madran then teamed up, and took the Lamia out with a stronger Bombastic Slugger, due to them both having upgraded physical attacks.