True Beauty

Madran instantly readied her flail at the unexpected arrival.

"Hey! Who're you?"

The lady stood fully up from the landing.

"I am Elizabeth, a former resident of the Velvet Room."

The lady had short, ear-length hair that was a distinctive white. Her eyes were yellow, and her skin was rather pale, compared to Margaret. She was wearing a small, chauffeur-like hat that had a few blue stripes. She had a long, sleeveless, blue dress that had similar large blue circles going down it, much like Margaret. She had indigo gloves, and wore heels of similar coloration.

"Wait... do I know you?"

Elizabeth turned to the very confused Sheila.

"Ah, it seems that I we have finally met in person."

Elizabeth's voice sounded much like she was high on caffeine or some other substance, with a very wavering and weird, feminine tone to it.

"Wait, you're real?"

"Why yes. I am quite real. Now, have you divulged the issue that has plagued you for so long?"

"Yeah! They know about, um, what I did."

Sheila flicked her head at the rest of the group.

"Ok. Um, Elizabeth, hate to draw your attention elsewhere, but where is Philemon?"

"Well, dearest Madran, you see, this man is one filled with grief for an incident that I know not of. He spends much time in solitude, wishing to make himself vanish, temporarily. As I have observed, you are the only one who has been able to draw him out of that. Not even Igor, his old friend, could do so."

"Hmm..."

Madran held her hand up expectantly to Nightingale. After some awkward waiting, Nightingale dispensed Madran's phone into her hand.

"Ok..."

Madran: We're in the Metaverse! Come join us!

Madran waited for some time. Meanwhile, Chicory was curious about this new human, going up to sniff her.

"Oh, a dog! How I love dogs!"

Elizabeth reached down to pet Chicory. He sniffed her hand. Yorick popped up behind Chicory.

"It smells like void. Where have you been?"

Elizabeth scratched Chicory's head before looking up to Yorick.

"Hmm, a non-dog persona for a dog. Quite interesting."

Chicory sat and tilted his head.

"Ah, well, with the client I served, one of his teammates was also a dog. He was Komumaru, a white Shibe."

Suga nodded.

"Hmm. I like Shibes, but Golden Retrievers are also nice."

Sheila looked at them confusedly.

"So, what exactly is a persona?"

Elizabeth smiled.

"A persona is the physical manifestation of one's true feelings. I bet that Chicory is a massive doof, as he has a jester. Also..."

Elizabeth checked his fake wings.

"'Memento Mori.' Ah, now that rings a bell."

Madran waved her phone around.

"He's coming!"

The group waited for some time, and Philemon fluttered from the sky. Elizabeth gasped, holding her hand to her mouth.