Oddity on the Screen

March 18

Madran, after getting back from the tiresome, all-day event of meeting other invitees to the panel, had fallen asleep in a rather fast manner, but awoke early the next day. Sheila was already up, and was checking the TV.

"Uh, hey, Sheila, what's wrong?"

Madran yawned.

"Well, I randomly woke up at around 12 last night, and the TV was acting up. It was all green and fuzzy, and a kinda familiar figure appeared on it. I was confused, so I checked it out, but I couldn't find anything, so I'm trying again today."

Madran tried to turn the TV on, but noticed that it wouldn't work. She then checked the batteries, and found that they were all still there.

"Um..."

"Oh, right, I had unplugged the TV last night so that you all would get to bed."

"Wait, then, why would it go on?"

Sheila looked very worried.

"Good question."

Madran then checked her phone, seeing that a few texts had come from Philemon's contact.

Philemon: This is Margaret. Are you up? It might be a bit early, but something odd happened.
Philemon: Elia told me that she had to preform a quick reset on the TV, but forgot to replug it. During midnight, she told me that she had heard the TV acting up. This might mean that the Midnight Channel is acting up again, and not just in Inaba.
Philemon: Philemon has also been acting weirder. He doesn't seem to mind me using his contact, nor does he even talk to us anymore. Elizabeth suggested that he had come down with apathy syndrome, but upon further examination, he seemed fine.
Philemon: I am sorry to bug you at this hour, but have you seen or heard anything weird on the TV in your room in the inn?

Madran noticed that the question was the last text sent, so she responded.

Madran: Yeah, Sheila had unplugged the TV so that we could sleep and it went all green fuzzy and showed a figure on it at 12.
Philemon: Did she recognize the figure?
Madran: Kinda, yeah.
Philemon: Could you get one of the three of you to stay up past midnight? Tell Kinaru that this is important.
Madran: I'll try.

Madran set her phone down, and went over to Sheila.

"Ok, so, I'll tell you what Margaret told me in a bit, but what are we supposed to wear to this meet-up?"

"Oh, the fan event? Well, you can wear your casual clothes. This isn't as formal as the event yesterday."

"I swear, I was about to lose my sanity..."

"Well, thank goodness Katsuya was there to save the day."

"Yeah, that 'oh, did you drop this' tactic worked great."

"Yep."

Suga then got up and wiped her eyes.

"Uh, what time is it?"

"Um, about 7?"

"Ok."

Everyone slowly got fully awake, aside from Sheila, and got dressed in normal clothes. Sheila then looked over at Kinaru poking her head in.

"Well, it seems that you all are ready. If you wanted to, you could get breakfast at the inn, and then explore?"

"What time's the event?"

"Um, around 12:30."

Sheila nodded and clapped her hands twice in excitement.

"Great! Um, let's go."