Stuck in a Loop

March 10

Madran was back on the subway to home with Sheila and Suga. However, Sheila had a question to ask Suga.

"Hey, Suga, what happened to your stuff at the hospital?"

"Oh, well, I started taking all of those classes in the morning. Remember?"

"Oh, right."

"Sadly, the whole nursing apprentice thing wasn't enough to cover gym, too..."

"Oh dear. So, how are the classes?"

"Oh, they're great. The teacher's very nice, and fortunately, most of my friends are in it, too. This is only my first year doing this, because, well, I didn't know of this beforehand, but now I do, and I'm starting next semester. I also do occasionally help out at the hospital, but not as often, mainly because of the classes and the fact that they still haven't found a new person to watch over me."

"Ouch. Well, my stop's almost here, so bye."

Madran got off of the train at the next stop, and made her way home. Once she was there, she completed her homework, and went to the Velvet Room.

"Y'know, I wish that they would allow us to swap to our summer uniforms soon. It's getting kinda hot already."

Margaret shook her head.

"Well, that will simply have to wait. Oh, and Madran..."

"Yeah?"

"Say hi to, uh, Yu if you see him."

"Gotcha!"

Suga and Sheila arrived, and Chicory ran up to greet them. Once they had all gotten situated, they all left for Marcie's palace. After they made it back to the Safe Room and out into the crossroad, Madran turned back to everyone else.

"Ok, so, should we do the same team?"

"I feel that we should have Philemon with Chicory, and us girls together. After all, according to him, Yorick's and Nightingale's health drops somewhat whenever you use a physical skill."

"So, just have the potent one focused on the one who banks on those skills the most, and leave the maze-moving up to us?"

Philemon nodded.

"Yes. That sounds like a plan. However, we should probably not have Beauty take over the controls."

Sheila huffed and crossed her arms. Madran smiled, and guided Suga and Sheila to the rightmost entrance, while Philemon and Chicory went down the leftmost way. Once they arrived, they saw that there was a massive maze in front of them. Madran then contacted Philemon and Chicory via Nightingale.

"Hey, shouldn't we switch-"

The walls shut behind them.

"-never mind that, um, let's just go."

Madran looked around and saw that indeed, there was only walls around them.

"Hey, can y'all see us?"

"Yes. Clown, do not get up on-"

Madran heard some barking, and the walls shifted.

"HEY! Get off of the controls, Clown."

The walls quit moving.

"Yikes. You have quite the authority over him, huh?"

"Well, I feed him!"

"Anyways, let's begin. Hmm..."

Madran heard Philemon step around some.

"Y'know, I really like this communication thing. It's nice, just using a persona to talk when you can't actually talk."