Unhappy Memories

Once Madran went through the next door, she simply saw more entrances with what she scanned to be more memory-based rooms.

"Well, uh, according to Nightingale, we have a buncha more memories!"

"How many?"

"Um, five? Anyways, let's get to work. I feel that it's best that we all do each room together."

Madran went up to the next room and turned to face Maya.

"Hey, if I'm not wrong, these next few may involve you quite a lot. If you want to stay here, I won't mind."

"Oh, no, it's fine. I already know what happens. I just was a little... rattled by what actually happened with Philemon and Nyarlathotep."

"I had expected many things, but it seems that this 'higher being' that Igor kept on warning us about was quite indeed a force to be reckoned with."

"Well, I hope that whatever suspicions Rumor has about Philemon may be cleared in these next few."

"Yeah... already, I found out that Philemon wasn't willingly in on the bet after Yukino's friend finished his business with him. I can only imagine what may be next, heh."

"Well, into the first one!"

Madran and the rest entered the first room, and the door shut behind them. Margaret then activated the orb again, and Madran looked around. The scenery in the room became a school parking lot, with a high-schooler tinkering with his motorcycle.

"That's Tatsuya! Look!"

The older Tatsuya wiped some sweat from his brow and tried to start the vehicle again, finding that he had no luck. Some students then approached him.

"Hey, Tatsuya-san."

Tatsuya looked up at the small group.

"Yeah? I'm a bit busy right now."

"Well, Ms. Saeko was looking for you. She said something about, uh, career thingies."

"Oh, right. Well, if you see her again, ask her to call a mechanic, my bike's busted."

The students chuckled a bit, and a lively female teacher burst from the door. Madran saw that she instantly looked at the busy Tatsuya and made a beeline for him.

"Tatsuya, there you are!"

Tatsuya stood up and nodded.

"Yeah. Uh, is this about the career choices...?"

"Yep! I just had a-"

An older man with long, balding hair and an odd scar on his cheek walked up to the group.

"Oh, what are you all doing?! Quit loitering in the parking lot and leave!"

The group of students quickly turned tail and left, which awfully confused Madran.

"Uh, why did they leave so suddenly?"

"He was the principal."

"Yeah, but the students could've told him that they were helping Tatsuya with his motorcycle."

"You'll see..."

Madran turned back to the scene.

"Well, Tatsuya?"

"My bike's busted, and-"

"Oh, just fix it already!"

"Please, I'm helping him."

The principal rolled his eyes and stormed off.

"Anyways, Tatsuya, I was going to ask what you were planning to do after graduation."