Hopelessly Waiting

Madran landed on the floor in front of Elia and Chicory. Chicory yet out a scared yelp, and Elia seemed to have a mini heart attack.

"Hi! I'm back!"

"Uh, hi, Madran! So, what happened?"

"I had to come back because a door that I couldn't open got in the way."

"Oh. Is there a lock somewhere?"

"Nope. I gotta have dad see me open the door to his room in real life."

"Hmm. How does that work?"

"Well, his world in his cognition is entirely based off of his world, plus a bunch of weird twists, so, if he sees me open the door to his room, then the door to his room will open in his own world."

"Hmm. That's... interesting. And just when you had sworn that you would never visit him again, here we are."

"It'll only be a day visit. I hope."

"Heh. How should we arrange it?"

"Um, I'll just visit when I can?"

"Plus, Madran?"

"Yes?"

"Can you take me to visit this world?"

"Um, you'll kinda be defenseless. No offense, but the only way I can survive in there is through a power that, um, not many people have."

"Is that power the personas that man mentioned?"

"Yep."

Madran sat next to Chicory and calmed him down.

"Well, you should check your phone. It was going insane."

Madran jumped up and ran over to her room, closing her door and plopping down on her bed. She opened her phone, noticing that there were 67 unread messages from the group chat with Suga and Sheila.

"Oh my..."

Madran opened the app, scrolling up to right after she entered her father's cognition.

Suga: Hey, have you seen Madran?
Sheila: No
Suga: Well, I'll get back to you in a few hours.

Madran checked the time, seeing that it was 5:09. She had entered when it was 3.

"Well then."

Madran continued to read the messages.

Suga: I'm back
Sheila: Nice
Suga: Well, while we wait, I have something to talk about.
Sheila: Yes?
Suga: It's that dream that Madran seemed to know that we had
Sheila: Oh
I just assumed that she was psychic
Suga: However, I didn't get visited by someone wearing a mask. A tall, white-haired lady in a limo did.
Sheila: I got visited by a white-haired lady in an elevator
Suga: Interesting
Sheila: She mentioned that I was destined to become a queen if I unlocked the inner me
Suga: The limo lady also said something about my true inner self. I'm confused.

Madran read the next few hours of messages, seeing much of the same. She then texted back to her friends.

Madran: Hi

Madran waited for a minute before calling her dad.

"Yes, Madran?"

"Not even a hello? Anyways, I wanted to spend an afternoon with you. When would that be possible?"

"Well..."

Madran heard Travert clicking on his computer.

"Would Thursday work?"