Maya's Many Friends

February 24

Madran and the rest spent the 23rd exploring more of the palace, but nothing crazy happened to them, and they only had to deal with a simple winding walk with many bouncers scattered about. However, it was now the 23rd, and on the lovely Tuesday, Suga wouldn't be able to attend, thus leaving them without a healer. Madran made an executive decision to hold off on the expedition until they got to the 25th, so Madran found herself at home. She abandoned the idea of going to the Velvet Room, and instead elected to spend time with Elia and this new friend that she had accidentally introduced to her mother.

"Ok! So, we're wandering around the city with Maya? And, she said that she's bringing along friends?"

"Yep. I've met Yukino already, while you were gone yesterday. She's a photographer, and often works with Maya on her reports."

"Ooh! What persona does she have?"

"Um, it would be awkward to ask that. Yukino told me that her nickname was "Dancing Queen," which probably alludes to that Abba song."

"Ooh! I love that song!"

"Yes. Ulala was working with another friend of Maya's-"

"Just how many friends and connections does she have?"

"Um..."

Elia could be seen counting on her fingers.

"About 20."

"Christ!"

"If we could recruit her, then maybe..."

"I know! It could be amazing! But, uh, let's not jump to conclusions. After all, she might be busy."

"She's normally busy."

"Duh, Nightingale."

"Hmm. Well, we shall see."

Madran noticed that Elia had been talking.

"Oh, I'm sorry, could you repeat that, mazza?"

Elia nodded.

"So, we're planning to arrive in about 30 minutes."

"So, a half 'n hour?"

"Yes."

"I'm using the restroom! Bye!"

Madran ran off to the bathroom, completing her business and coming back out to see that Elia had her purse and everything.

"Ok! Let's go!"

Madran grabbed her coat and ran out with Elia. She was bursting with joy at the prospect of possibly learning why her and Maya are so connected, and to meet new people. She was positive that Maya's friends would be nice, due to her impression of Maya being a very positive person. They made it to the train station, and boarded the train. Madran sat next to a rather tall lady, and looked up to see her.

"Hi! Where are you going?"

The lady looked down at the person sitting next to her. Madran noticed that her skin was rather pale, and that she was wearing makeup and had a mole below her nose. However, what stuck out most to her was the lady's hot pink hair, that beat Suga in spikiness. Several darker pink spikes sat below an even spikier-looking layer of light pink spikes that went down to her ear. The spikes, however, weren't going up, and pointed down, unlike Suga.

"I'm heading into Shibuya. Say, you do look familiar."

The lady stared at Madran for a bit, trying to remember a name. However, the second their eyes met, the lady's head recoiled back a slight bit and she blinked rather rapidly. Madran also had the same reaction, and saw an image of a weird-looking lady in her head. For the split second she saw her, she looked to be mostly blue with some green and yellow highlights. The lady looked at Madran, and was very puzzled.