Back Into Waiting

While Madran was telling Elia how the fight went, despite Elia repeatedly telling her that she had watched it, Sheila noticed something in her hand.

"Hmm? What's this?"

Sheila looked at it, and saw that it was a picture of her and her parents. They all seemed very happy. Sheila turned it around, and was shocked to see what was there.

"Huh? 'My last gift to you. Sorry won't cut it, but I'll try my best. From, Eregane Shiini.' What? Where's the camera?"

"Oh, right, that's the treasure."

"Oh. That makes some sense."

"I feel that he knows that what he did can't be forgiven, and that he's just trying to..."

Suga sighed.

"I mean, I kept Proctora's treasure. Hey, Madran, do you have Farjis-san's treasure?"

"Mom kept it. It was an apology letter that changed for each person who read it."

"Ooh. What about you, Suga?"

"Well, his was a paper saying just how many things I was right about."

"Huh?"

"Well, when he used to gaslight me, he would make me think that I was wrong about everything, even when I was right. So, his treasure turned into a list detailing all of the things that he incorrectly corrected me about."

"Oh. Well, that's nice."

"Oh, and um, it's about 5 o' clock. You all should get going."

Suga and Sheila nodded at Elia, and went to go through the Velvet Room.

"Bye bye, Madran! I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Bye, Suga!"

The Bodacious Babes disbanded for the day, all heading back to their homes. Elia tapped Madran on the shoulder.

"Hey, lil' critter?"

"Yeah?"

Madran turned around and smiled at the familiar nickname.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to invite Maya and her friends over to dinner tomorrow."

"Um, sure, maybe?"

"Well, Maya figured out something, and she said that she really wanted to tell you what she found."

"Ooh! Tell me!"

"Well, I wasn't told."

Elia smiled at Madran's slightly defeated face.

"But, I almost died! I deserve to know."

"Then, ask her. She said a thing about Philemon."

Madran instantly felt excited, knowing that she wished to know more about him, and that Maya had known him very well some time ago.

"Ooooh! Did she say anything else?"

"Nope."

Madran asked Elia more questions, and they spent the rest of the night chatting and discussing things with Chicory slightly involved.

March 2

Madran, after school, came back home. The day was rather uneventful, with some progress being made on the story with Ann. They had figured out the story, but still were to begin writing it.

"Hi, mom!"

"Hello, Madran. How was school?"

Madran hugged Elia.