The Winding, Confusing Road

Everyone sat in the Safe Room, discussing various ideas.

"Shouldn't we split up?"

"Well, there's only one path."

"There might be more later."

Suga looked over at Beauty.

"Fwoosh'll scan, and then we'll go that path."

"What if the road is like an illusory path, and we need to find a correct entrance to proceed?"

"Is the gimmick of this palace to make us uncomfortable?"

Everyone thought for a few moments at Madran's words.

"Maybe."

Chicory looked around at everyone, and Yorick sighed.

"I bet that it will be a weird, perverted puzzle about Beauty."

Sheila shrugged.

"Ugh. Yeah. Most of these shadows know me by name."

Everyone nodded.

"Ok! Let's go. Um, Plague, Media, please?"

Madran looked over at Suga, and she nodded. Bubonia appeared, preforming a Media and healing whatever scrape anyone might of had.

"Let's go, then!"

Everyone ran from the Safe Room, embarking down the path. Immediately, there were several turns and twists, and everyone found themselves separated into groups of two, aside from Philemon. Suga and Madran were quick to notice this.

"Uh... where did everyone go?"

Madran scanned the area, seeing that their presences were nowhere nearby. The pair advanced carefully ahead, seeing that a few shadows were conversing ahead of them. They were noticed, and the bouncers ran up to them, changing into three Oni's.

"Hmm. It seems that Shiini's ploy worked."

Suga readied her weapon.

"What ploy?"

The leftmost Oni looked over to her.

"I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill y-"

Madran activated a Rampage, damaging all three of the shadows. Suga summoned Bubonia, and hit the group with a Magaru.

"We'll just figure out what happens later!"

The Onis all activated Eihas, and Madran was hit by two of them. The other one connected with Bubonia, and Suga went to use a Media. Madran then directed a Maragi at the group, knocking two Onis out. The last Oni went to hit Nightingale with its weapon, but was evaded. Madran then hit it a few times with her flail, finishing the attack off with her flamethrower. The Oni was taken out, and the pair advanced.

"Nice one, Fwoosh!"

"Yay! Thanks!"

Madran seemed very happy with herself, and they walked on. They then noticed a key that read "G=R, B=Y, P=B." The letters were color coded, and Madran set to scanning it. The letters flipped around, confusing her.

"Hmm. So, if we come across colored doors, I'll need to scan?"

"Maybe so. Oh, look, a sign."

Suga went up to the sign, reading it.

"If the door is green, blue, or pink, go through it. If it is red, yellow, or black, don't go through if you don't like being sent back to the latest Safe Room."

"Hmm. Some attitude that sign has."

"Yeah. Ok, Nightingale, can you remember this?"

Nightingale shrugged.