Too Many Rooms

March 5

Madran was on the subway home when Suga came running up to her and Sheila. She seemed to be in a mess, with her barely holding on to her bags.

"Hello, Suga. What happened today?"

Suga caught a few breaths.

"Well, I was pulled out of school. Well, actually, I was let out. I kinda learned how to treat a broken leg."

"What?"

"So, that's why you weren't here at lunch?"

"Yep."

"So, what happened in gym?"

"So, you guys all know this kid named Ryuji Sakamoto, right?"

"Oh, that hot guy who's in track?"

"You got it, Sheila. Well, today, Kamoshida-san started really provoking him, and even went to strike him. And, once Ryuji reacted back, by, well, trying to hit him back, he broke his fucking leg!"

Suga's eyes were wide and she spoke in between many breaths. After hearing what had happened, Madran and Sheila got the same look.

"What? Are you joking?"

Suddenly, Ann walked up to them. She seemed very upset.

"Oh, hi, Ann-kun."

Ann nodded at Sheila.

"H-hi."

"Are you ok?"

"Is Ryuji ok?"

Suga nodded.

"Yeah. I and the other hospital guys got him in a cast. He'll be on crutches for about six weeks, though."

Ann seemed to blow steam out of her ears. Sheila put an arm around her and whispered something to her, which made her calm down.

"Uh, what actually happened, Suga?"

"Oh, you've been hearing other rumors? Basically, I kinda saw this, and, well, Kamoshida-san provoked Ryuji, and even went to hit him, and Ryuji retaliated by whacking his hand away. Kamoshida, then, well..."

Suga made a bridge with her fingers and took them apart, making a crack-like noise with her teeth.

"Oh my..."

"I, of course, got the nurse, and she gave me permission to call the hospital. I then got Ryuji up, all while yelling at Kamoshida about what the hell he had just done. Once we got him to the hospital, one of the staff taught me how to get a cast on, and how to alleviate shock."

"He went into shock?"

"Well, yeah, it was pretty bad. That kid's a trooper, though. Through the entire thing, he didn't even shed a tear."

"That's the Ryuji we all know, huh?"

"Yeah!"

Madran remembered back in grade school, how this Ryuji kid was on the trouble-maker side, according to everyone. However, she still enjoyed hanging out with him, but drifted away after he joined track and didn't pay attention to her as much. However, he was still great friends with Ann.

"When is he going to be out of the hospital?"

"Uh, soon? I didn't ask, I was in a rush."

Ann looked rather worried. The group then finished their trip, and Madran got back home. After that, she filled mom in on the incident, finished her schoolwork, and went to the Metaverse. Once there with everyone else, they went to tell Philemon as well. After the story, all he could do was shake his head.