Undoing the Past

Madran looked confusedly around at the new surroundings and at the ground, which happened to be shaking. She then scanned the area below them, and saw that the palace had simply been incredibly distorted by what had just happened.

"Guys, whatever Shadow Philemon did to the palace made it like this! Everything's very unstable, and I don't think he's out!"

Philemon sighed.

"He must have absorbed the palace's energy to assume a new form."

"Wait, that can happen?"

"The more I spent in these palaces, the more I learned about them, like how the host shadow can bend the shape of it to their will."

Suga looked behind and looked rather horrified.

"Uh, guys!"

Madran looked around to see several tendrils of white energy snaking their way up towards everyone. Then, Madran picked something up in her scan and looked at the sky.

"This energy is insane! I'm getting crazy readings from all over!"

"Where's the strongest one?"

"Right... right here!"

As if on cue, a gargantuan ball of light that shone with red and white energy floated up from where Shadow Philemon had fell. It then slowly formed into a massive, angel-like human. Once the light had snapped away, Madran saw a gigantic angel with six wings, five faces with different appearances to each of them, eyes and mouths adorned all over the body, a purely white body, and ten arms that all seemed to be preforming a different action. The angel wore nothing, and appeared to be burning with indescribable flames.

"What the hell is that?!"

"This is Shadow Philemon! Well, more importantly..."

Madran readied her weapon.

"Seraph!"

Shadow Philemon's true form, Seraph, looked down with disdain on the group.

"I am the shadow, the true self... O, sinful sons of man, I shall eradicate your filth from this blessed world for all of eternity! Bear witness to Philemon's true nature!"

Maya and Philemon stood up and stared right into the eyes of the beast.

"I'm done running! I've lied to myself for all these years, and now that I have a chance to fix it, I won't hold back!"

Philemon looked up at his shadow.

"I care not for the mistakes I made so long ago. I shall now go forwards with my new life!"

Philemon utilized a Debilitate on Seraph and everyone began to fight. Right off the bat, Seraph focused on Madran.

"The sins of your father are not so easily avoided... face them with all your might!"

The first face changed to resembling Justita's face and the area around them swapped to resembling Travert's palace. Madran then readied Nightingale for battle.

"I've faced the music before, and I can do it again! No wool over my heart is stopping me anymore!"

Madran utilized an Agidyne on Seraph, and he drew out a gavel and scale and held it in two of his hands. Madran then instinctively scanned.

"Ok, here's Seraph in Justita form! He can use wind, fire, lightning, and ice attacks, and the scale give him access to bless, curse, psychic, and nuclear spells! Let's do this, everyone!"

Madran, Suga, and Chicory utilized a Hell-Butcher on Seraph, with Sheila and Maya following up with their own fusion spell. Then, Margaret, Elizabeth, and Philemon each used debuffs. After that, Seraph attacked with a Garudyne on Sheila, a Psiodyne on Elizabeth, and an Agidyne on Suga.