Opening New Doors

January 20

Madran woke up due to her alarm once more. She felt somewhat rested, but that wouldn't matter, due to coffee and having to go to school being great supplements for the sleep she missed. She quickly got dressed and made up and went out to make coffee. She also fed Chicory, quieting his whining.

"Good boy."

Madran pet the now fed Chicory and put on some coffee. Elia was up shortly after, wobbling around in her pajamas.

"Hi."

"Good morning."

Elia and Madran exchanged tired smiles and continued on the coffee-making process. Madran also made her breakfast, eating and readying the coffee.

"So, you're visiting Travert today, huh?"

"Yep! It'll be a bit weird, but oh well."

Madran finished the coffee and poured a cup for her and Elia.

"Well, I wish you luck at Travert's."

"Same here."

Madran finished her breakfast and gathered her things for school, heading off with Elia. School went as usual, which was uneventful, aside from when a kid had a breakdown over an Algebra test. However, Madran knew beforehand that the kid would do that, so there was no surprise there. She then was on the way home with Suga.

"Oh, Suga, how's Sheila?"

"She went to walk with one of her other friends. Apparently, her friend was feeling sad about something and Sheila wanted to cheer her up."

"That's nice."

Madran smiled, and spent the train ride with Suga, discussing their school days to each other. The kid who was bugging Suga had ceased his antics, and the gym teacher didn't look her straight in the face, as Madran heard.

"Wow. He must really like that kid."

"Yeah. He's on a sport team, yadda yadda."

"Oh. It's always the sport kids."

"Yep. Always them. Well, it could be a 'popular' girl, but why would they go around grabbing ass?"

"No idea."

Madran and Suga, despite having a nice conversation, had to part ways very soon. Madran then arrived back at her house, getting back in civilian clothes for her visit with Travert. After some time, Travert texted her, saying that he would be there in about five minutes. Madran smirked and opened Philemon's text chain.

Madran: The visit's on!

After waiting for more than five minutes, Travert pulled up with his car. It was a silver sports car, which puzzled Madran. Most people would have sports cars in red or yellow, if the car in question wasn't a Mercedes. Instead, his car was a Volkswagen Jetta. Madran waved to him, giving Elia a goodbye hug and walking over to his car.

"Hi, dad!"

"Hello, Madran."

Travert looked a bit weird as a usual person. Madran had gotten used to Shadow Travert's golden luster, but Travert just had fair skin. The bald head, glasses, round belly and tall frame were still there, however.

"How was your day?"

Madran detailed her day to Travert, omitting the Algebra breakdown and Sheila's friend. They drove in mild conversation to his house, and Madran breathed a sigh of relief when she didn't see a massive mansion, and instead a townhouse. It was drably colored, showing just a simple white and grey coloration instead of the vibrant mansion.