The lovers last dance part 2

"Ok dancers, you are the lucky seven that have been picked to represent our studio at internationals. These sessions will be dedicated to choreographing and practicing the group dance in the class devision. You all have very different styles and our goal for this dance is to mix them all into one and work together" the head of studio said pacing around the seven lucky dancers.

Misa
Light
Near
Mello
Matt
You
And L.

"As promised the first years class got to pick the song. The theme for this year is friendship, so they picked... two voices, one song"

"Aw what! How am I meant to breakdance to that!" Mello exclaimed, making the other laugh.

"Yeah, Miss how are we going to incorporate breakdance, tap, contemporary, acro, ballet and ballroom into such a upbeat song? Usually ballet and ballroom is classical and break dance is more rap style music, and tap is a while other genre!" Matt added.

"Well, you'll all be leading a section of the song, with each section you will all demonstrate each other's styles. So when Near leads, you'll all follow with similar ballroom moves, when L leads, you'll all doo ballet. This is about teamwork, you have to work together to teach each other your styles to make a harmonious dance of mixed style to wow the judges. And you need to show friendship, chemistry is important too" the studio head said.

"Uh... how exactly am I meant to breakdance in pointe shoes?" L asked.

"Yeah... I think tap shoes and acro would be a little difficult" Light added.

The head just laughed, she knew she'd be getting these comments.

"You'll have to work together to figure it out. In this dance no rivalries can exist. You have to work together, Light, L I know you're both competing for soloist in the male division but you have to put that aside for these sessions"

The two looked over at each other with a sour look. They hadn't even properly talked to each other yet but they already didn't like each other, they were neck and neck for each other's titles.

To L, dance wasn't about winning, but this was the one award he wanted so badly. The one he's worked for since he was a toddler. Light was all about winning and it showed, L didn't want to give someone so shallow the satisfaction.

"Ok, here's the sheets of who has what part"

The studio head handed you all the lyrics, each section highlighted with who's lead, what duo would lead, what trio would lead and so on. It was a very happy upbeat song and pretty childish, a good song but a difficult one to make a mixed style dance too.

[It's so rare to find a friend like you
Somehow when you're around the sky is always blue] All

[The way we talk
The things you say
The way you make it all okay] (y/n) and Misa

[And how you know
All of my jokes
But you laugh anyway] Matt and Mello

[If I could wish for one thing
I'd take the smile that you bring
Wherever you go in this world I'll come along
Together we dream the same dream
Forever I'm here for you, you're here for me
Oh ooh oh
Two voices, one song] all

[Now every day is something new
And any path we take I'm looking forward too] L and Near

[The way we try and never quit
The way that all the pieces fit] Light and Misa

[The way we know the parts by heart
And sing out loud] Mello, Matt, Near

[If I could wish for one thing
I take the smile that you bring
Wherever you go in this world I'll come along
Together we dream the same dream
Forever I'm here for you, you're here for me
Oh ooh oh two voices one song] All