Relax

Head canon: when L stresses, you take a bath with him.

You'd never seen L so tense before. He was beyond stressed because of this case, every few minutes he'd let out a frustrated sigh or hit his head against the table in frustration. At this point, he was going to burst a blood vessel. You had to jump in and help him unwind before he lost it.

"L" you said.

He looked up at you.

"Come with me"

"After this-"

"Nope, you come with me now before you lose it"

He sighed and got up, leaving the taskforce behind and following you down the hall.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"We're going to take a bath"

He wanted to argue that he had work to do, but it was tempting as hell since he was so stressed.

"...with bubbles?"

"Yes, with bubbles"

You went up to your room and you began to fill the bath, getting the bubble mix out of the cabinets. You set it aside and closed the door. Your very stressed boyfriend wrapped his arms around you as a thank you for pulling his away from the case.

"You need to stop pushing yourself so hard" you said, turning to face you.

"But this case has to get done" he sighed.

"Yes but you need to take breaks sometimes you know"

"But- actually no I'm not going to argue with you because you'll win..."

You laughed, knowing he was right and proceeded to pull off his shirt.

"Just get in the bath, I'll be back"

You left for a moment to grab an extra towel and more clothes for L, coming back only to almost trip on L's clothes he carelessly left on the floor.

"Maybe put your clothes in the washing basket" you said, tossing them aside and putting everything down.

You looked up to find him sitting among the bubbles, bubbles you may have gone a little overboard with.

"Don't you think that's a lot of bubbles?" You said.

"No" he replied.

You laughed and sighed at his childish behaviour.

You pulled off your clothes and jumped into the bath with him, curling up in a little ball to make more space.

"You really need to put time aside to sleep and relax you know" you said.

"I know, you keep telling me this"

"Because you don't listen and I want to get it into your head"

He sighed again, knowing you were right, he did need to start having time to himself but he just got so caught up in work that he never gets to. You reached over the side of the bath and grabbed a bottle of shampoo, as soon as L saw that he knew you were going to nuts with his hair.

"Oh no"

"Oh yes"

You pulled him closer and started to rub the shampoo through his hair. It's not that he didn't like your touching his hair, it was the fact you used half the bottle and soap would get in his eyes all the time, so he wasn't really looking forward to that. But this time, you seemed to be more gentle.