The prince and the pauper part 3

"No..."

"L listen-"

"NO!"

The prince stood up, slamming his hands on the table. That was definitely not very prince like, but he wasn't standing for this.

"I'M NOT MARRYING A STRANGER!"

"It's the only way to grow the kingdom. Plus, you're of age-" the lord tried to start.

"NO! WE DON'T NEED TO POWER UP THE KINGDOM, WE'RE JUST FINE AS IT IS!" He yelled.

This isn't the way he thought the banquet with the Yagami kingdom would go.

The young princes stared in shock, they'd never seen L yell like this. The Yagamis sat at the table silently, loving the drama unfolding before them. King Wammy stared at his adoptive son in shock. The lords just kept trying to explain.

"The Kira killings are getting out of hand, we need the-"

"NO! I'M NOT MARRYING SOMEONE I DON'T LOVE! Can't you guys see that Kira is someone from THEIR kingdom!" L yelled.

Light stood up.

"How dare you! Are you accusing us of being Kira?" He exclaimed.

"YES! I KNOW YOU ARE! ALL THE EVIDENCE POINTS TO YOU!"

"Your majesty-"

"I'M NOT DOING IT! IF I CAN'T MARRY (Y/N) THEN I'M NOT MARRYING ANYONE!"

"(Y/n)?"

The room fell silent. What has he just done... a year of a secret relationship and he'd accidentally let it slip.

"Have you been seeing someone?" The lord asked.

"Well-"

"YOU'VE BEEN SNEAKING ABOUT WITH A COMMONER?"

"I LOVE HER!"

"A COMMONER CANNOT MARRY INTO A ROYAL FAMILY!"

"ITS UNACCEPTABLE!" Light added.

"STAY OUT OF THIS KIRA!" L snapped.

"L! This is hardly very royal of you-

"SO BE IT! I'M NOT LETTING YOU PAWN ME OFF! I'M NOT AN OBJECT! Why can't she marry into the royals? I was never a royal until I was adopted, so were the boys!"

"That's different-"

"How? How is it different? It's just adding someone into the family, it isn't that hard! WE DON'T NEED POWER AND I'M NOT MARRYING A STRANGER!"

"She's probably just using you for your status!" The lord snapped.

That made L drip with anger, no one talked shit about you on his watch.

"HOW DARE YOU! Sure she's poor but she LOVES ME and I LOVE HER! Yes she'd be getting money off me but she can pay off her debt with it and she'd end up living a happy life, living her dream of singing to the world! And I'd get to stay with the love of my life forever! ITS A WIN-WIN!" L yelled.

"YOI CANNOT MARRY A PAUPER!" The lord shrieked.

L stepped back, seething with anger. If he couldn't have you, he didn't want to be living that loveless life.

"Fine. If I can't have her..."

He took the crown off his head and tossed it to the floor.

"- then I'm no longer royal"

He turned on his heels and ran out the doors, hearing a gasp from the table and both royal families. He knew that if he didn't get out now, they'd lock him in the castle. He ran as fast as he could out the front gates and down to the stables where he grabbed a horse and jumped on its back, pulling up his hood and riding full speed off into the kingdom. He rushed past the crowds and came to a halt at the window of your dress shop. He knocked on it and you opened it, luckily no one else was inside.