Afterlife

Hc: it took a while, but you found L in the afterlife when you died.

You didn't think it would end so soon, you had no idea it would happen. It really made you realise that life could be taken away at any moment and was such a precious thing.

You'd died, in a fatal car crash. After the initial pain, you felt like you'd been asleep for a long nap and woken up in a foggy place. When you looked around you found yourself at a graveyard, and the grave you were sitting on was your own. You were in the afterlife, a realm on top of the realm of the living. You'd awoken in the same clothes you we're buried in which was a white dress and socks. You looked like the damn corpse bride, just less blue.

Your skin was deathly pale, your eyes cold and lifeless, your whole right side was covered in bruising and punctures from the car crash. You were officially dead. And now that you were dead, you could finally see the one you'd lost all that time ago.

At age 24, the worlds greatest detective, L had died. Three years later, you at age 25 died. You missed him dearly and you were determined to find him. Your first thought was to look for him at his grave, so that's where you headed. You walked the foggy, dark streets of undead japan, looking for the graveyard he was buried at. It took a while, passing a few other dead people chatting and seeing lost pets looking for their owners that were likely still alive.

But when you reached the graveyard, he wasn't at his grave, in fact, it looked like it hadn't been touched in years. So, where does one find the un-dead worlds greatest detective? It was one hell of a task to look all over Japan for one undead person when there were thousands and thousands of people dying everyday.

As you wandered the streets of japan, you noticed families reunited, dead children would be taken in by dead adults, there were lots of dead pets that roamed the streets in search of their owner, or waiting patiently where they were buried for their owner to die and see them again. The longer people has been dead the more pale, deathly and empty they looked. Never fully decomposed, but more fresh-corpse like, slowly growing to look a pale- blank person.

After weeks of looking, you began asking. You'd go up to everyone you could, asking if they know of an L Lawliet, but to no avail.

Until one faithful day.

"So, how did you die?"

"Heart attack, Kira got me. I'm guessing you were shot?"

The young man with a bullet wound in his head nodded.

"Yep, murder victim. I died last year" he said.

"I died three years ago, still not that used to it" the detective replied.

"I'm Jay by the way, and you are?"

"L... or at least I WAS L"

"Wait... L Lawliet?"

L froze up for a moment.

"You know my name? How?" L asked.

"Haven't you heard? A girl as been looking for you for weeks! She died recently in a car crash at age 25, she claims to have worked with you when you were alive. She's got (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes and the crash gave here a serious lot of bruising on her right side. She's been walking around japan looking for you since the moment she arose, she's really not giving up... her names... uh..."

L's jaw dropped when he heard those words, you'd died? In a car crash? And you were looking for him?

"(Y/n)?" L said.

"That's it! You do know her?" Jay replied.

"Yeah... I worked with her in the case. I never got to tell her that I loved her..."