A warning

A/n: it's my birthday tomorrow. That means I can drive- NOPE NOT HAPPENING I'LL CRASH THE CAR. Not really looking forward to that, I'll be putting it off for as long as I can.

HC: none for this one

He starred down at the note, examining it, reading it over and over. It confused him, scared him.

Lawliet,

Don't show your face, don't reveal your name. Kira has his ways, stay safe. I repeat, DO NOT SHOW YOUR FACE TO ANYONE.

Stay alive.

-(y/n)

Who was (y/n)? How did she know his name? How did she manage to find him? How? So many questions but he had no answers for them. All he knew that that he couldn't show his face to anyone.

The Kira case began, he received another letter from the mystery girl.

Lawliet,

Watch Light Yagami. Watch Misa Amane. They have the weapons, look for the books called Death Notes. DO NOT SHOW YOUR FACE TO THEM.

-(y/n)

Light Yagami? The son of the chief of police? And Misa Amane, the model. Both of them were connected to Kira? He had too look into it, and remember to not show his face.

The case progressed, he still hadn't figured out how the girl new so much, and how she was getting the letters to him without leaving a trace.

Lawliet,

The book is in a false bottom in Lights top desk drawer. Open it from the bottom because it's rigged to explode. Keep watching Misa, and watch out for Shinigami. DON'T SHOW YOUR FACE.

-(y/n)

He sent a team down to raid Lights house. Sure enough, there was a Death Note in his desk. It was apprehended, so was Light. Now he knew what you meant by Shinigami.

Lawliet,

Misa has a book, I'm not sure where she keeps it, but search her house, search her belongings. And for the love of god DON'T SHOW YOUR FACE. From now on, keep your face covered at all times, make sure Rem don't see you.

-(y/n)

He listened to the letter. He wore a mask at all hours of the day. The book was found in Misas belongings, he made sure there were no Shinigami around. He waited for the next letter to tell him if it was safe too loose the mask. He looked up the name (y/n) went into everyone's records that shared the name and found not matches to the handwriting on the letter.

Lawliet,

It's safe now. Case closed. But just to be safe... don't show your face to any kind of police organisation or potential suspect. Always wear a surgical-style mask outside, just to be sure. You never know when another book will be dropped. I'm afraid I don't know anymore.

-(y/n)

So the case was closed, would he ever hear from this (y/n) girl again? He didn't know. But now he'd started a case, tracking down this girl. Who was she? How did she know everything? He wasn't dead, so she was obviously on his side. He wanted to meet her.

He ran handwriting analysis, tracked the letters as far back as he could, but he couldn't make anything of it. He only had one idea left.

The notes were always found on the doorstep, maybe if he left something for her on the doorstep, she'd see it.

(Y/n),

Thank you for the help. Who are you? How do you know so much? I don't want hurt you... I just want to know. I hope you see this. Come find me.

-Lawliet.

He waited, and waited and waited. Days passed and the note stayed by the door. He was beginning to lose hope... until...

"Lawliet"

He instantly turned toward the open window, seeing a girl in her pyjamas sitting on the window sill.

"Sorry it took so long... I just wanted to be sure Kira was gone for good" you said.

"(Y/n)? Wait, I'm confused. Explain everything" he replied.

"It's a very long story. One called Death Note, written by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata..."