Musical duo

A/n: note about the Aussie crack. I wore in all the stereotypes bc I am a living stereotype myself and actually do all those things so yeah lol Soz. Also y'all already know what song imma reference here ((I don't own the song lol))

Head canon: L can sing soft classical songs really well, he has a very powerful voice that drips with emotion when he sings

You were composing a song.

Why?

Because it's always been your childhood dream to make a song. Your parents made you lean piano and violin when you were little and you leaned how to use music programs on your computer pretty quickly too. You could do the instruments and editing but you couldn't sing.

You had zero singing talent. So you needed to get someone to sing your song for you. You'd written a classical sounding song with a storyline, about a girl who has fallen into a coma and her love interest was wishing she would wake up. You'd experimented with lots of styles of music before and come to the conclusion that this style was what you wanted.

You'd recorded the piano, the drums, the backing instrument and put them all into the editor. All you needed was the violin and vocals. But you needed a singer.

You thought about getting Misa to do it but her voice was too upbeat for the style of music. You needed someone with a calm voice but powerful tone.

You were up late one night walking around taskforce to try and think of ways to finish your song when you didn't have a singer. You twirled your violin bow around your fingers, you wanted to finish this song so bad.

You thought about just recording the violin yourself and worrying about the vocals later when you suddenly heard the most angelic voice you'd ever heard in your life.

You knew the song too, you knew the notes on violin.

You walked toward the voice to see who it was, you peeked around the corner, to your surprise it was L.

The usually flat and monotonous detective had the voice of an angel, it dripped with emotion and passion.

You needed his voice in your song.

"You know it all
You're my best friend..."

Without thinking, you bought your violin up to your chin and placed the bow against the strings, staring to play along to his words.

"The sun will rise again
No darkness, no season"

Upon hearing the sound of your violin, he turned to face you, recognising the song you were playing as the same he was singing.

"Can last forever..."

But he stopped, getting shy that you caught him singing to himself. You watched his face go red upon realising you were there and you smiled, bringing your violin back down.