Friendship part 1

A/n: a bit short sorry, my wifi sucks atm so I thought I'd break it into parts so it's easier to update.

Head canon: you're a friend of Misa's who got tied up in the case by accident, and of course, you ended up with a crush on L

"Misa..."

"Jesus (y/n) it's 2am!"

"I have to talk to you..."

You stood there the doorway of Misa's room, in your pjs, at 2am. You knew it was late and everyone was asleep and all, but you really had to talk to someone about this.

"What's wrong?" Misa said, noticing your worry.

You closed the door and sat on the end of the bed, wondering how the hell she'd take this.

"I... think I'm in love"

Oh now she was listening.

"In love? With who?" She said, waking up a little more.

"...L"

"YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH L!?"

"SHHHHHH! Don't scream it to the world!"

"Honey you've got yourself into a real mess here" Misa said.

"I know! He's so precious and cute but so distant, how do I even tell him? Does he even know what love is?" You replied.

"Well... you can never really tell with him..."

Misa could see you were stressed about this, she didn't want you to be upset, so she decided she'd help you out with this little problem you've gotten yourself into.

"Ok... well, how do you think you could get his attention?" She asked.

"I don't know, I'm not some siren that can just sing beautiful songs and have men drop to their knees in front of me. I have zero experience here" You replied.

Gosh, this was going to be a tough case to crack.

"That's the thing... I have no idea what he's into, so I don't know how you could try to impress him..."

Meanwhile L was sitting next to Light, stuck with him on the night shift of watching the cameras. Light was eagerly listing to your conversation with his headphones on. Both you and Misa had completely forgotten about the cameras.

This was some tea.

"Hey L" he said, taking one side of his headphones off.

"What?" L replied, not looking away form his screen.

"(Y/n)'s got a crush on you"

"Ha, sure..."

Light pulled of the headphones and put them over L's head. As L listened to the conversation you were having, he suddenly started to believe light. He turned to look at Lights screen, shocked at what he was hearing you and Misa say.

"Believe me now?" Light sassed.

L took off the headphones and gave him a confused look.

"What exactly do I do with this information?"

Light face palmed.

"Have you ever dated someone? You ask the out, duh. Don't even try and lie I know you like (y/n), you look like a lovesick school girl when you watch her" Light said.

L thought for a moment. He did enjoy your company... and he did like you... a lot.

"So you're saying I should just go up to her and tell her to date me?" L said.

"Yeah, she obviously wants it to happen, just grow a pair and do it"

He looked over at the screen and put the headphones on again, listening to what you were saying as he thought about what he'd do.

Maybe he should ask you out... it's unlock a door of things he wanted to do but couldn't.

Maybe it was worth a shot?