Interviews

Hc: for the first time ever. L has agreed to do an interview with a major unsolved crime TV show. It's your job to make sure everything goes smoothly and he's not found out.

You were L's personal bodyguard. And today history would change. L was doing a live interview.

But in order to keep his identity secret, there was a lot of security and setup. You were told to stay within 3 meters of him at all times. Before you left the taskforce, you'd hooked him into a voice filter, equiped him with a mask that covered his nose downward, and tied a special blindfold over his eyes that was see through enough for him to see out but no one could see in. He wore gloves, long clothes and a headset that would filter his voice and project it.

"Now I know it will be annoying but you have to sit properly. Of you sit the way you do, it's possible someone could see you doing it in public and connect the dots" you said, adjusting the microphone on the headset.

"I know, I know. Just make sure you're close ok?" He replied.

"Got it"

The cat pulled up and you could see photographers from newspapers and true crime fans standing outside the studio, the path to the doors fenced off.

"You've got quite the crowd"

L looked out the window and sighed.

"Of course photographers would be here..."

"You'll be fine, just keep close to me"

This was incredibly dangerous. Not particularly because someone could see his face, you'd covered that problem pretty well. It was the fact tons of criminals and hitmen wanted him dead. He could be shot at any moment. Not on your watch...

"Ok, speak into the mic" you said.

"Testing" he said, his voice coming out filtered.

"Ok it's working. Let's go"

Studio security were already at the door of the car. You opened the door and stepped out in your bulletin vest and sunglasses, a gun in your pocket. As soon as the door opened, the crowd outside began screaming, cameras flashing and reporters trying to push at the fences. You grabbed L's hands and pulled him up. He stepped out of the car and a deafening screech form the crowd was heard.

"L WILL YOU CATCH KIRA?"

"I LOVE YOU!"

"FUCK KIRA! YOU'RE AMAZING!"

"IS IT TRUE YOU'RE WORKING FOR THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND?"

"ARE TYE RUMOURS TRUE? HAVE YOU OBTAINED A SUSPECT?"

Even though he had a mask, he kept his hood up and face down, hand gripping tightly to yours and you ignored the cameras and commotion from the crowds. You reached the doors and before you went inside, L decided to give the photographers one thing, of this was going to be all over the news he may was well make it memorable... well, more memorable.

He turned and hand his fingers up in an L shape for a few seconds before turning and heading into the building.

The doors closed and the screaming went quiet, you swiftly made your way onto the set of the show, scanning the area for anything sketchy.

When you entered the head of the company walked up to the both of you.

"Just on time! I'm Yoshido, thank you for making it out today" he said, holding out a hand to shake.

L's gloves hand took it and he spoke.

"Nice to meet you, thank you for providing the extra security"