Forward

Hc: you're pretty forward and it tends to put people in states of shock. And so is L. Over the whole case you'd both been completely unphased by joe straight forward you both were, all until you made a move.

Something felt strange. You'd come to the conclusion you'd fallen in love with L.

It took a while to figure it out as you weren't the best at figuring out your emotions, but now that you knew, it just wouldn't leave your head. You knew you had to express it somehow, you knew it was a bad idea to do so in front of the entire taskforce that were in the room with you, but it was like an itch you wanted to scratch so badly.

Then again, you did say a lot of very straight forward things that tended to catch people off guard. And so does L, the two of you can't shock each other, so... maybe it wouldn't matter.

"Hey... L..." you said, breaking the silence in the room.

The taskforce didn't pay much attention since you were only addressing L, but they did have their minds in listening mode now.

"Yes? What is it?" L replied, not looking away from his work.

"Can I kiss you?"

You felt the whole rooms eyes fall on you, L froze in shock. For the first time, you'd caught him off guard. Everyone just looked at you in shock and confusion, wondering what prompted such a statement out of nowhere.

"H-ha... you did it, good job you caught me off guard. You win" L stammered, not believing what you were saying.

"I'm serious. I wanna kiss you"

He fell silent, his face going red. He turned to look at you in confusion. The taskforce just watched in curiosity.

"R-really?"

"Yes, really"

"Why?"

"Well... it took a while to figure out but I've been thinking for ages so I'm completely sure of it, but I've fallen in love with you so like, love usually makes you want to kiss someone"

Practicality the whole taskforce had their jaws drop, they couldn't believe what they were hearing.

"But like, if you say no that's fine. I don't wanna force you into anything"

L stayed silent. He did want you to kiss him. He'd been thinking about his feelings for a while, he was pretty sure he'd fallen in love but just hadn't noticed it until recently.

"W-well... I mean. Ok?"

The taskforce just watched in awe. Not only did you manage to catch L off guard, you got him to admit his feelings through accepting your kiss in under an minute.

You smiled, happy he agreed.

"Thanks!"

You got up and walked over to him, putting your fingers under his chin and tilting his head up to face you. You placed a quick kiss on his lips and pulled away,not wanting to shock him by going any harder on him.

So not only had you caught him off guard, gotten him to admit his feelings, and made him show an emotion other than deadpan. You took his first kiss too.

He took a moment to process it, the both of you completely forgetting the taskforce were in the room with you and watching everything go down.

"Holy shit..." he mumbled.

You giggled at his reaction and smiled down at him.

"Do it again"

You happily accepted, leaning down to kiss him again, but this time he got more into it, returning the kiss and dragging it out longer.

"Holy mother of fucking fuck..." misa whispered, watching the two of you kiss.

"What the heck is going on?" Matsuda added.

"You know what... let them have their moment. I'm pretty sure L has zero clue what he's doing and just letting her take charge. This is a learning experience for him" Aizawa added.

"And we all know how much of a bloody learning experience he needs when it comes to love" Light sassed.

You pulled back from the kiss and he took a second to process everything that just happened, and when it sunk in, his face just went redder and he immediately got all shy.

"What's this? Mr no emotions is blushing?" You joked.

"S-shut up... its your fault" he replied.

"Thanks for that... maybe I can actually focus on my work now... just remember I love you ok?"

He gave you a dazed look.

"I- Uh... love you too..."

The moment was ruined by misa choking on her water from the shock of hearing that. The whole room turned to her.

"WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?!" She exclaimed.

Both you and L gave each other an 'oops' look, suddenly remembering taskforce was there the whole time.

"It was adorable, do it again!"

You gave misa a smirk.

"Gladly"