Mural

Hc: you're an art major at the university. You were asked to paint a mural on the side of one of the buildings. The most detailed part is right next to the window for the lecture room where the law students work. Turns out a boy has the window seat and loves to watch you.

After the first few times of using the equipment to do the higher parts of the building, the fear of falling slowly went away. You'd been spending the last few weeks strapped into some gear that resembled that of abseiling gear with scaffolding holding up all your cans of paint and bushes. You were honoured to be picked to paint the new mural but you weren't aware of how long it'd take. You stared on the ground three months ago and still have half the building to do. It would take almost the whole year probably. You could ask someone to help you, as you had already marked out the outlines and it was just a case of colouring in, but you didn't know anyone that was willing to help.

Right now, you were at a row of windows that looked into the law classrooms. You had to paint the gaps in between, above and below the windows and it was proving to be taking a good long while. You stuck into painting as soon as the sun rise and had been out there all day, hanging off the side of the building.

The professor teaching inside the class knew you'd be there for a few weeks and was totally cool with it if you accidentally hit the windows or something. He knew that painting while suspended in midair would be difficult.

You'd been painting this area for a few weeks now, you were about halfway done. The whole time, a boy had been watching you during his classes. You recognised the boy he sat next to as Light Yagami, the guy who did a speech at the entrance ceremony. You were pretty sure the one watching you was the other one that made a speech. You often saw these two around, they'd seemed to be friends. Kind of. They seemed to be fake friends.

You could definitely tell they were putting it on. You didn't know why, maybe it was because they were both top of the class and were forced to get along? They were complete opposites, Light was well dressed, sharp looking, very... well polished?

The other one though. He was simple, overtired, kind of scruffy and definitely very very antisocial. He looked like he was constantly doped up to be honest... probably from the ridiculous lack of sleep. That class was brutal. Long hours, heavy workload, early starts and late finishes. He looked like he was ready to pass out and you couldn't blame him for it.

Today that class wasn't on but a few students came in to use the computers. The window was open and you had poked your head in to ask if it was ok to play your music, they all seemed to be ok with it.

At about midday, Light and his overtired companion walked in to finish some work, they took a seat by the open window where you were painting and didn't really talk.

That was until you actually knocked your cup of paintbrushes that sat on the window sill into the room.

"Ah shit-" you mumbled.

They jumped at the sound of the cup hitting the table.

"Sorry" You said.

"It's fine" Light replied, gathering the brushed and putting it back.

"Thanks, you're Light right?"

"Yeah, that's me. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know his name, he was way too many nicknames" Light replied, pointing to the tired one.

"I know who you are, I just can't remember your name. I've heard both Hideki Ryuga and Ryuzaki, I'm not sure which is which"

"Both. Ryuzaki is a nickname..." he said.

"Right, I thought so"

"I didn't think your class was on today" Ryuzaki said.

"It's not but I gotta get as much done as I can before the holidays. Once this section is done I can take a break so I can't take any days off"