Purpose part 1

A/n: grab some popcorn and sit down, this ones LOONGGG also I JUST REALISED SOMETHING. JULIET AND LAWLIET (if you pronounce it law-lee-et) HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF SYLLABLES. IF SOMEONE WERE TO PROPOSE TO L THEY COULD SING HIM LOVE STORY BY TAYLOR SWIFT AND WHEN IT SAYS "MARRY ME JULIET" YOU COULD SING IS AS "MARRY ME LAWLIET" MY HEEEARRRRTTT.

Au: monster AU (night crawler L, angel reader)

Today was an exiting day, you were going to meet the worlds greatest detective.

You never thought some random little angel would ever be able to know the identity of the worlds greatest detective buy here you were, walking down the hall with the rest of the taskforce.

An unknown person known as Kira had struck the world, no creature had the power to kill in this planet, so how Kira kills and who he is is a massive mystery. One that you intended to solve along with L and the taskforce.

All of the taskforce were creatures of pure magic, you were of pure magic. Only a few were of neutral magic but one of them were of black magic. Kira must be of black magic, or at least he was using black magic.

"I'm kind of nervous" Matsuda said.

Matsuda was a woodland spirit, his powers were linked to nature and he had an elf like appearance with pointed ears and freckles on his cheeks. He was a very happy person due to his species, most nature connected creatures are happy and carefree.

"Me too" you replied.

"I'm sure he can't be that bad, he is a detective, he's probably of pure or at least neutral magic" Aizawa said.

Aizawa was a fire elemental, he could control flames. He looked pretty much human, nothing too out there. It was his short temper that really reflected his magic.

You stopped in front of the door, you looked at each other, wondering who'd knock. After no one did, you stepped forward and knocked three times on the door.

After a moment there was an almost inaudible voice on the other side of the door.

"It's open, come in"

L talked a lot over the computer but it seems he was a lot more quiet and shy in person.

You opened the door and stepped inside, the floor was covered in a plastic sheet, the lights were off and the only light in the room was cast by lots of computer screens. There was a black substance on the floor, not much of it by the entrance but lots around the rest of the room.

You looked around the dark room, the taskforce piling on behind you.

Then from around the corner, came the man himself.

He was floating, and dripping all over the place. That must be why there's plastic on the floors.

He was a night crawler. You never expected L to be a night crawler, they were a rare species after all.

He had black hair that dropped downward as it dropped, his white shirt was stained with black from the drips and his sleeves seemed to be moving on their own, same went for his jeans. It was like he'd been dip dyed in black ink. His eyes were completely black and he has streams of black tears down his face, even though he wasn't crying.

And I'm top of all that, he had a smudged heart stain on his chest that most have soaked through his shirt.

You never expected a night crawler.

It explains the darkness though, night crawlers don't really like the light.

Everyone look at him in shock, the taskforce seemed a little uneasy, maybe it was a the dark room or the soulless eyes staring at them but L was a little unsettling to them. You found his rather interesting though, you'd never met a night crawler.