nikayaya turning the tables on ThomasBerryman.

Start from the beginning

“If you could meet your all time favorite writer and ask him/her one question about one of their books, what question would it be and what book?”

All these writers asking me questions is making me sweat Nika…can we get the air con any colder in here? *Nika motions for a crew member to crank the air* If I could meet any writer I would meet Jeffery Deaver and ask him about the book ‘The Sleeping Doll’ I would ask how long it took him to write, how much research was involved and where does he come up with such brilliant, realistic characters.

Nika pursues her lips in thought. “Very interesting, I hope to one day be someone else’s favorite author, but enough about me, unless you want to hear more in which case…”

Nika stops as a petite female bounces up and down in her seat, waving her hand frantically. “Yes Miss xXdemolitionloverXx ? Do you have a question?”

“Two actually, if you were to be thrown into one of your stories (even though they all take place in Contro) which one would you rather it be, and why?”

Nice to see you here! *nods* I would have to say You Wish because there are different elements like aliens and genies involved. I would probably either try and make friends with Jahvari or Smoke and go on adventures.

 “Great question Demo dear, now moving on…” Niks stops as xXdemolitionloverXx’s hand remains raised. “Um… was that not all then?”

“I believe I said two questions.”

Nika cocks an eyebrow and counts silently on her fingers as Thomas waives xXdemolitionloverXx to proceed.

“Ahem, who do you think you are more similar to or who would you rather be- the dangerous yet lovable Paul, the loyal and fierce Sin, or the mystical and charming smoke?”

Wow this is a really tough question. To be honest each of them have traits from different stages of my life. No I was not a serial killer, genie, or a gangster. I mean when I was being a recluse and not socializing for so long I created Paul (I’m also usually thinking something different to what I am saying when talking to people). When I was growing in confidence and I’ve always been a loyal hard worker; so with these traits Sin came along, and Smoke was created when I was going out and having fun all the time. If I had to choose one though it would definitely be Sin  *wipes sweat* all of these characters are kind of bad guys in their own way and yet still retain good qualities, but Sin because he is loyal yet remains ambitious. 

Nika stares at xXdemolitionloverXx for a moment as she gleefully sits in her seat, her hands gripping the sides as she sways back and forth.  “Right then, does anyone then have a question in line with Mr. Berryman’s fine work?”

A sunglasses decked female leans forward cooly and calls out “Where did the inspiration or idea for the creation of Contro City come from?”

I love your sunglasses. Well I was trying to think of where one of my stories would be set…Australia? America? How much would I have to change? Which city would they live in? Then I decided why not just make up my own city? I can create whatever I want. My favourite weather is rain so it is a city that rains most of the year and has bushland, beach, a CBD, party district, industrial area, a growing population, and a variety of characters. I hope that answers your question.

 “Interesting, so very interesting JasmineHarvey10, and may I say I love your ray bans.” Nika stuffs the rest of her donut in her mouth, spitting as she announces inaudibly for another question “Nepth pfeese”

A large metal man clunks as he raises his hand to draw the attention of the spotlight before clearing his throat.

“Otay TheRobot!” Nika smacks Thomas’s hand when he reaches for her donuts.