Jinx (Jungkook)

Yes I'm alive, sorry I've just been busy with life in general but summer vacation should give me some time to get back to you with some updates :)
————————————————
(M/n)'s POV
The reject. You don't know how much I hate being the reject. Having everyone just.. avoid you. Pretend you don't exist. There was a time when I wished I was invisible, but now I want more than anything to be seen.

High school, I was such a loser. I had one friend who left me because of silly rumours. I was always the butt of jokes, the punching bag for the popular kids. I thought college would be a fresh start, time for me to actually make friends, actually have a social life.

But no, everyone just doesn't care about me. Maybe I'm just plain boring. Or maybe I just distances myself from putting myself out there because of my fear of judgement.

I sat cross legged on my dorm room floor, staring at the ceiling in deep thought. I'm quite lucky I don't have any roommates, if I did they'd probably call the campus medics, scared for my sanity.

It's just.. another day isn't it? I feel so forgotten, come to think of it now I preferred high school. At least people knew I exist. Even if it were for the wrong reasons.

Whatever, I'm gonna sleep. It's my only escape.

—————————
*timeskip*
And just like that, six hours, that felt like six minutes, of escape got ruined by the buzz of my dorm room doorbell. I quickly straightened myself up, noticing I hadn't changed out of my outfit from yesterday, but shrugging it off and trying to make myself look presentable before unlocking the door, greeted by a smiley Mr. Lee, otherwise known as my English professor, who is also in charge of this floor of boy's dorms.

"Mr. Lee, what's up?" I asked awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck. "Good news (M/n), you're getting a roommate! His name is Jeon Jungkook, he transferred here from Busan. He's taking music and-" I zoned out, not really interested in anything other than the fact that I now have an extra human to deal with.

That just confirms it, I jinx everything. I'm the jinxiest of jinxers. I nodded along, pretending I was listening to him the whole time. "Anyways (M/n), I expect you to be nice, and keep the place tidy as it won't be just you anymore. He should be at your door in half an hour. Good luck!" Mr. Lee instructed, flashing me a smile and a thumbs up.

"Yes sir." I smiled, though it was really just me straining to smile through my stress right now. I shut the door and instantly got to work, really it was stress cleaning but also just getting everything ready for this new Jungkook guy.

I made sure everything was set and then crashed on the couch for some much needed sitcom watching. But alas, that was interrupted by the buzzer again.

Wait, didn't he say half an hour?

Oh shoot, it has been half an hour. I scrambled for the remote, pausing the TV before getting the door, seeing a brunette male a good few inches taller than me, smiling brightly with his luggage in hand. "Hello, you must be Jungkook, come in." I said in the nicest way possible.

Really, I was dreading this. And come to think of it the more I look at him, the more attractive he's getting. Oh no.

"And you must be (M/n), nice place." He said with a smile that reminded me of a bunny. "Thanks, really I just cleaned it since Mr. Lee told me you were coming." I chuckled, trying to make the nervous atmosphere feel lighter.