My Love (Jimin)

(A/n): so this one's kinda angsty at first but bear with me, you'll get your fluff

Third Person

A young man sits at a desk lit dimly by a lamp. His hair is messily strewn about his face, the dim light highlights his troubled features. He's in a deep state of confusion, it's too much for him to bare. His name is (M/n), and he has been married to Park Jimin for five years. The two had a strong relationship every since high school and made the brave decision to get married at just 20 years old.

Why is he sitting troubled at this desk? He's writing his lover a letter. He feels as if he cannot manage a relationship anymore. He's giving in, giving up. (M/n) hasn't had a depressive episode as bad as this since before he was with Jimin, and right now all he wants is to be able to feel something again, and perhaps move away on his own and start over. The problem isn't Jimin, not at all. Their relationship was perfect to everyone, even them. But (M/n) just needed time away. To get back on his feet and start over.

Of course, he stills loves his husband but his decision is for his mental health and sometimes marriage doesn't work so well in addition to clinical depression.

(M/n)'s POV
I run the pen over the page one last time, signing the letter off and leaving it on the dining table, wiping off my final tear from my cheek. I have to be strong. I know it's going to be hard without Jimin, but I need some time away.

I grab my suitcase that I packed this afternoon, and left while he was still asleep. I got my luggage, coat and train tickets and headed back to my late grandpa's home in the countryside, he left it for me in his will for when I need time away from my hectic life in the city. Goodbye, Seoul. Goodbye, Jimin. I hope you'll still be there for me if I come back.

Jimin's POV
I woke up this morning expecting my husband to be in my arms, but he wasn't. Sometimes he wakes up earlier to get a start on breakfast, but I couldn't hear anything coming from the kitchen either.

I decided to go look for him in the living room, to no avail. Instead all I found was a letter in his place. I picked it up and started to read it.

'Dear Jimin,
I write this to you to let you know I will be away. I don't know how long for, but please, don't come looking for me. Just know I am safe, completely safe. And it isn't you at all, in fact it's just my own personal battle. You have shown nothing but love and kindness to me throughout our marriage, and I will continue to be your husband, I just need some time away. I hope you won't forget about me and I hope this break will treat you kindly. I will always love you.
                        Sending you love,
                                         (M/n)
I finished reading the letter and a droplet of water had landed on the paper, smudging the ink a little. Soon, more and more droplets fell onto the page, and I put it down, not wanting to damage the letter.

The water droplets weren't rain, no, they were my tears. I was crying. More and more streams of tears ushered out of my eyes and onto my cheeks, I only stopped once my eyes were all swollen and puffy. I miss his warmth, I miss holding him. I miss you (M/n). Please come back my love.

But I know I'm going to need to be strong for him, he can't deal with everything right now and there's only so much I can do.

**timeskip**
It's now been six months and I've missed my love more than ever. He used to light up this place with just his smile, he lit up my world and now it just feels dull. Don't get me wrong, I have the guys and we all have such a special bond but none of them will ever share the bond (M/n) and I do.

(M/n)'s POV
I'm not going to lie, while it's been good to have a break from the city, I'm missing Jimin more than ever. I think today's the day I should come back. I'm coming back Jimin, I hope you still love me.

I spent the entire train journey listening to my husband's songs, missing the sound of his voice, lulling me to sleep after a hard day of work. I took a taxi to our house and showed up at the door, I missed this place. I rang the doorbell, and there at the doorway was Jimin, he looked weak, probably from not eating as much, but his face still lit up when he saw me, and he pulled me into his arms.

Jimin's POV
I dragged my feet to the door, expecting it to just be one of my friends checking up on me, but what I saw excited me more than anything.

There was my love, (M/n). In the flesh, standing right at the door. I didn't hesitate and captured him into a hug, ushering him into the house, his small form still in my arms, and I closed the door with my foot.

"Woah woah, someone's happy to see me again" (M/n) chuckled, ruffling his hair cutely. "I missed that laugh" I replied, bopping his cute nose. "You better now, my love?" I asked, wondering if the break treated him well.

"Yes, mentally, my head is clear and everything feels lighter. But I missed you like hell." He said, snuggling into my arms a little more.

"I missed you too my love, and your lips." I replied, and leaned in to connect our lips into a soft but passionate kiss. (M/n) chuckled into the kiss and I pulled him closer to me, and just like that, I played with his hair until he feel asleep in my arms. I'm so glad to have my love back here with me.
*********************
A/n: Heyyyyy, so Yoongi's birthday is dead soon so expect another Yoongi oneshot on the 9th, and maybe some slight birthday smut 👀👀
I'm still undecided tho but let me know what you want, your wish is my command ;p