Chivalry Rivalry (Jungkook)

Your POV
It's the sixth annual ball since my father took over as King. Every year, the nation comes together for this event to bring harmony between all kingdoms of South Korea. People of importance from all over the nation will gather on this one night to celebrate the richness and diversity of the nation. People with skins as white as refined sugar, skins as dark as onyx, skin the color of rich fudge.

For my outfit tonight I plan on wearing a silk black button down, black dress pants adorned with sultry red roses, and a deep red cloak to match with my trousers and my prized possession, my ruby crown. I wore simple black patent leather laced shoes and a rose choker to add a feminine accent.

"Ah, if it isn't my heir to the throne, (M/n)" my father beckoned me to the hall, it is now afternoon. Four hours until the ball commences. "Good afternoon appa, you all set for tonight?" I say before I take a swig of orange juice my servant handed to me. "Yes, yes. Now since this is your first ball as a young adult, I expect you to be on your best behavior son. You don't want to scare off any future wives now do you?"

I gulp sharply, clearly irritated by this comment. Wives, wives, wives. That seems to be all that my father is on about recently. I just turned 18 three months ago, and he already wants me to find a lady. He won't get off my case about this marriage business. Or bullshit rather.

**timeskip**

It is now half an hour before the ball, I toss my casual shirt off and slip the silky black one on. I do my buttons then step into my trousers and add finishing touches i.e my choker, my cloke and crown and head to my makeup studio to get glam.

Since I'm already handsome naturally, I go with a casual peachy slightly shimmery eyeshadow look, with some nude lip gloss and peachy blush. It complements my dark and sultry outfit perfectly.

I quickly comb through my short (H/c) locks, and blow a kiss to my mirror before heading to the hall ten minutes early to make sure everything's ready and to welcome early guests. Sure enough, after five minutes of lazing around and chatting to a few servants, a small number of people chime in through the god damn door. People adorned with top hats, gowns, bow ties. People bearing small gifts of appreciation to the King of the capital.

Being the prince, it was my duty to welcome the younger people, and show the kids off to the play room close by. Alas, a familiar face steps in. None other than my enemy, Prince Jeon Jungkook of Busan. From the time we were young, we always set it about ourselves to compete and fight even though our parents were good friends. We just never got along, I don't exactly know why and neither does he. I guess it could be our different personalities, his is more athletic and sociable, mine more introverted and artistic.

"Good evening, (M/n)" he slurred in false politeness. "Why are you even here?" I butt in, a visible scowl on my pretty face. "It's a requirement, remember. Everybody who's somebody has to be here." He fought back calmly with a smirk. "Whatever bunny, run along now I've got a princess to score." "Oh yeah, which one?" He asks, the same smirk still plastered on his face. Of course, with me being the introvert here, I never really caught feelings for any of the girls in any kingdom. However I did have a few admirers, just never really admired them back.

Jungkook spots me remaining quiet, thinking of a name to drop. None of them really made much significance to me, it's not like I remember a single name. "U-uhhm-" "Exactly, (M/n). You don't even know half the girls here. Quite pathetic for the prince of Seoul, heir to the throne and all you know?" I'm taken aback by the comment, being antisocial is one of my insecurities, I'll never let that show however. I'll bite back with sass. "Whatever, while I was rudely interrupted I was busy courting Jisoo in my head." Jungkook stares at me wide eyed, mouth slightly agape before speaking up. "Oh really, it's funny cause I was thinking the same thing." He says while smirking at me, then glancing over to the brunette girl a few meters away from us.

I don't even have any interest in Jisoo, but I'm destined to win her over to watch my enemy crumble. I walk over to Jisoo and I am met with snickers and whistles from the three other girls standing by her. "Hey (M/n), I'm loving this pink Prosecco" she coos, swirling her drink around in her glass. Before I could open my mouth to say anything, she speaks again "Oh, hey uh Jungkook?" Instantly glaring at the name, I turn around to see that annoying guy with his annoying bunny ass smile. "Hey Jisoo. Ladies" he motions towards the three others, winking and earning giggles from the group of girls, and a death glare from me. I turn back to Jisoo with a smirk "So, as I was saying. It's such a pleasure to see you here. "May I have-" I am cut off by Jungkook taking her hands and continuing my sentence "-This dance?" He grins at me, a look of smug victory on his face with a tinge of.. something else I cannot read.

Jisoo wasn't flustered at all, she simply giggled, as did her friends. In between laughs she facepalmed and replied "Oh boys, silly silly boys. Can't you see the ring on my finger?" She holds her hand up between us to reveal a shiny pink diamond ring and the same expression is plastered on both of our faces. Rejection. We both walk back embarrassed before I am met with a smirking Jungkook. "Naughty (M/n) going after married women now are we?" He teases.

Jungkook's POV
Oh wow. I was hoping tonight as it's (M/n)'s first ball as a young man he'd at least put our differences aside. Yet here we are, fighting over a girl neither of us are interested in. I swear to you (M/n)'s gay. I've known it since we were younger, even though it hasn't been confirmed just look at the guy. He's out here in a choker with his pretty plump lips and I swear he must be doing squats cause- I am cut off by a hand waving in front of my face.

"Yo, earth to bunny" instantly recognizing (M/n)'s voice, a smirk makes its way onto my face. He speaks again "Quit smirking at me creep. I don't know what your plan is but-" I cut him off by placing my finger on his lips, shushing him. You don't know how much my lips want to be my finger right now. "Shh now, prince." I say, pulling him to the starlit balcony by his wrist and pinning him against the left wall. God, I love being so dominant around him.

Third Person
"Jungkook what the fuck?" (M/n) says, startled by the taller male's sudden actions. A warm blush was making it's way onto his face, sure enough, the feelings that he had for Jungkook seemed to be surfacing a lot more recently, now that he realized he wasn't just a man crush. Being alone with him was a completely different story to the one they told, fighting over that girl in the ballroom. Right now, with the colonies of stars littered across the early night sky, Jungkook's bambi eyes staring into his and the warmth of both their breaths mingling with the cool breeze surrounding them.

"Oh for god's sake, (M/n). Just spit it out, I know you like me." Once again, (M/n)'s sassiness overrides his sheer nervousness and he giggles at the bold comment. "Oh please, never in a milli-" He is cut off by the taller's soft lips pressed against his harshly, his eyes widen in shock and his cheeks tinge a deep red, matching his outfit and he can no longer fight back. He gives in to the kiss, Jungkook's arms making their way to the (H/c) male's waist. He swipes his tongue over (M/n)'s bottom lip for access, but is denied the first time so he rubs the shorter male's sides. A soft moan is let out from (M/n), Jungkook took this chance to enter his tongue, to explore his soft lips for the first time. Their tongues work together in harmony, a few moans from the two males emanated the passionate kiss before they pulled away for some much needed oxygen.

They stare into each other's eyes, captivated by the moment they just shared, gasping for air. This is a night neither (M/n) or Jungkook will ever forget.

***********************
A/n : y'all I hope this was good, let me know if you have any requests just comment them at the end of each oneshot or message me. I doubt anyone's gonna read this though sksjsks but if you do I love youuuu eeek ❤️