Purpose (Jungkook)

(M/n)'s POV
Dear (M/n),
I hope this reaches you in good will. I'm sorry for writing this, but I've missed you too much. Every time my mind tells me to get over it, my heart tells me to still love you. I can't ignore what I feel for you, I can't push it anymore. I know you're long gone now, out there chasing your dreams. Even if you see this, I'm not sure if you'll ever reply.. and waiting on it scares me. I just wish we could've worked things out. I loved you. Then, and now. Even though my actions didn't always show that. You gave me meaning, you gave me purpose. But I took advantage of that. And for that I apologize. And I'll keep apologizing until you can look me in the eyes without hatred. I know this won't win you back, but even just gaining your forgiveness is all I'll ever need.
Yours sincerely,
Jeon Jungkook.

The ink pooled and smudged from the impact of my teardrops. Before I knew it, the salty liquid came out in streams down my face. Jungkook was my boyfriend of five years, all the way from when I was only fourteen, till I turned nineteen.

We're both twenty one now, a far cry from the young boys we were when we both met. It's been a whole year and a half since we've even been on normal talking terms, and every day it's broken him just as much as me.

Our downward spiral began when we were seventeen, and Jungkook got involved with the wrong friends. They were horrible people, they went out drinking every night and did unspeakable things to girls in nightclubs. They bullied me as well, being one of the only openly gay guys at my school. It was partly my fault for not telling Jungkook about the bullying sooner, and I'm sure if he had known he would've left their group, being bisexual himself.

He would come back home late too, he never did anything against their will, but on a few occasions he'd come back with girls. He used to pass me off as his 'roommate', his 'bro'.

I had no choice but to stay. It was breaking me but I had no where else to go. I knew this wasn't the Kookie I'd fallen in love with at just fourteen, I knew the drinks made him senseless. It hurt me to see him get influenced by these horrible people. But  it was out of my control.

The last time we spoke in person was my nineteenth birthday party. His friends convinced him to go out with them. He wasn't even there for my birthday. He came back with his 'friends', my bullies.

"What's this faggot doing here?" One of them yelled, Jungkook lied and said he didn't know. The whole night the drunken men in my apartment yelled abuse at me left, right and center. That was the night I packed my things and left.

Leaving that place forever, I used whatever money I had left and slept in and out of motels, until the part time jobs I switched around provided me with enough for a small apartment.

I used whatever qualifications I had to apply to university, and somehow made it as a nurse. So here I am now. In my slightly bigger apartment, finally making something out of nothing, looking back on my rollercoaster relationship with Jungkook.

Despite everything we went through, he was my first love. He made terrible decisions, but he was a troubled teen, easily manipulated by the bullies at school. I realized recently that I shouldn't hold it against him, it was a difficult time for both of us.

But he's still the boy I fell in love with all those years ago. And he's changed, and grown into an influential young man with a bright future.

I pondered on writing him back. I pondered until I gave in and pulled out a page from my journal, and a pen from my coat pocket. My mind wandered around for a suitable reply.

**timeskip**
Jungkook's POV

Dear Jungkook,
I forgive you. I wish I had sooner. I know now that you were manipulated, and brought into a bad situation. It wasn't all your fault, you never had a stable mindset during those bad years. You've sobered up and made new friends now, and you're on a good path. I'm so happy for you. I know it's going to take a bit of getting used to, but I'm glad we're back in contact.

You're still my Kookie, I can see that now. I guess second chances are meant for some people.

Yours faithfully,
(M/n)

Reading (M/n)'s letter brought tears to my eyes, happy ones. For the first time in over a year, I've cried tears of joy. It feels like the biggest wave just washed over me and felt like a breeze.

It feels like I just lifted a massive weight off of my shoulders, like I just climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. Damn, it's taken a while to get where I am now.

I'm so glad I left that place behind, left those 'friends' of mine behind. I decided now was a good time to call (M/n), find out how he's doing.

It rang for about a minute, a small part of me was worried he changed his mind since writing the letter, but my doubts blew away like the wind when I heard his soft, unforgettable voice. "Jungkook? Hey.."

"Hey (M/n), long time no speak" I said through the phone, earning a little chuckle from the guy at the other end of the line.

"That's true, so how've you been?" (M/n) asked, using this as a filler to hopefully ignite the dry conversation.

Low and behold, the conversation ended up being one of the most wholesome ones I've had in a while.

The two of us talked just like old times, on and on. It just convinced me even more that we're soulmates. Even after silence for more than a year, we still picked back up.

We'll never be the same, but we're sure as hell working back to it. I don't know what the future holds, but now I'm actually looking forward to it.
**************************
A/n: u better have been streamin the new album y'all.
anyway happy easter, i don't celebrate but it's a chill time, hope u have a chill time.
also it's 4/20 what u smokin

𝐁𝐓𝐒 𝐗 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐒 जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें