Oddity on the Screen

Start from the beginning

"Remember, meet me at the warehouse area at 12:30. Does everyone have their phones?"

Madran, Suga, and Sheila all checked and nodded.

"Let me know if you all need a ride. Stay safe, please."

"Um, what about you, Okāsan?"

"Well, Sheila, I'm planning to spend some time with my sister and check up on her husband."

"Oh, right, what about Mr. Inan?"

Kinaru looked over to Madran.

"He had to go on a business trip, sadly. He wishes all of you godspeed and divine protection in your Metaverse trips, if I remember correctly."

Suga smiled and blushed.

"Aw, what a guy. Tell him the same back."

Kinaru nodded. Sheila then kissed Kinaru on the cheek and left with Madran and Suga.

"Ok, so, what should we do?"

"I was planning to go to the business district and check out that area and Junes."

"Ooh, and take a walk at that floodplain area."

"Samegawa Floodplain?"

"That's the one."

"Sounds like a plan."

Kinaru went after them.

"Um, shouldn't I drive you there?"

"Oh, right, uh, none of us brought our licenses. Oops."

Madran made a slightly embarrassed smile, and Suga shrugged. Sheila nodded.

"Er... yes, thank you."

Kinaru smiled, and she called someone who Madran assumed was Arah. After a bit of talking, Kinaru hung up.

"Ok! Arah said that I could borrow her car."

"Huh? It's here?"

"Yep. She works the early shift, but on the 16th, it was all hands on deck."

"Ok. Well, tell her that she has our thanks."

Kinaru nodded at Sheila and they all exited the inn and got into her car. After a bit of driving, they all arrived at what Madran thought to be the shopping district.

"Bye! Thanks, Kinaru-san!"

Madran, Suga, and Sheila got out of the car and waved to Kinaru as she left.

"Ok, so, I got this map, and Junes is up thataway."

Sheila began to guide them around, and Madran viewed a rather bustling shopping area. A few shops were out of business, though, which rather confused her.

"Hey, why're some shops closed?"

"I think we can accredit that with Junes. When is was established here, it brought many people in, but put a lot of stores out."

"Yikes."

Madran remembered a few things about Margaret's tale, like how one victim of the murders several years ago in Inaba worked at Junes.

"Hey, Sheila, do you think we'll meet that Hanamura guy at Junes?"

"Ok, Yosuke Hanamura? Well, maybe. Last I heard he was in college."

"Did someone say my name?"

Madran stopped and made a very bemused face.

"WHY, WORLD? DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS?"