Chapter 44

How y'all feeling about the other chapter? I took a bit to update cause I wanted to give y'all some time to grieve 😭

Not edited

DAVE

I sat in the drive way of Carter and Desire's house getting mentally prepared to step inside and see Desire  and Kain

I sat in the drive way of Carter and Desire's house getting mentally prepared to step inside and see Desire and Kain.

It's been a few days since the funeral and I would've thought that Desire would be doing at least a little bitter but it didn't seem like it was getting better anytime soon. Kain on the other hand was doing his best to keep a smile on his face and act like everything was okay but I knew my little brother was hurting.

He loved Ant like a brother and then Heaven was his buddy. So I know this is hitting him just as hard but he didn't want Desire to see him and start worrying because her first instinct would be to do everything in her power to make sure Kain was good.

I hated seeing Desire in this state and it kills me every time to see her crying and not being able to do anything to take the pain away.

Why is it that a women so amazing and selfless like her always gets hit with the worst? She doesn't deserve anything that she's hit with and that makes everything hurt even more. Knowing that she did everything for me and I can't do nothing for her now because this pain can't be taken away with materialistic shit or even with charming words.

I threw my head back staring at the ceiling of the car getting myself together because they needed me to be strong for them. They needed me to be their back bones like they've been mine all these years. They needed me to be the one they lean so I couldn't be out here crying with them.

I turned the car off putting the keys in my pocket as I got out the car closing the door. Locking it I took a deep breath before heading towards the door. Knocking a few times before Carter opened it

"Wassup" He greeted letting me in

"Hey how they doing?" I asked because if anyone knew how they really were doing it would be him since he was with them 24/7

"Kain decided to go out with some friends to clear his mind because he said everything around here reminds him of Ant and Heaven. Desire on the other hand is in her room with Kairo and Abby" He said as we walked into the living room

"I appreciate you looking out for them and being there for them. I know we don't have the best past but I appreciate you not taking that out on Kain or my son"

I know I don't have the best history with him or Ant but I was learning from the past and now more than anything I couldn't be prideful. I needed to let him know that I appreciate him stepping up when I stepped down.

"What went on between us has nothing to do with them so I'll never take anything out on them. They're my family too so I'll show them the same love I show those who are blood related. Besides our shit is in the past man. Life too short to be fighting each other when we gotta deal with each other"