Chapter 37

Honestly I forgot their ages so Ima just go with whatever lol so bare with me.

Not edited

KAIN

"Kain what are you doing?" Desire asked as she walked into the living room

"Watching tv" I told her as I changed the channel

There wasn't shit to watch on tv so I was just flipping through hoping some good came on.

"You need to get out of the house and enjoy this beautiful day in New York" She told me taking a seat next to me

"You tryna kick me out?" I raised my eyebrow

"Boy no. I'll never kick you out but I'm just saying you need to get out there and enjoy the day. You've been cooped up in the house all week not doing nothing. I know you must be bored"

"Eh at times" I shrugged

"And why are you over here? Shouldn't you be at home with Diamond and Rashawn? Did some happen between ya'll?"

"Nah why you think that?" I asked her

"Oh  I don't know maybe because you've been staying here all week and not once have you gone back"

"If you don't want me here you can just tell me and I'll get my stuff and go" I got up pointing to the door with my thumbs

"Boy stop" She laughed pulling me back "You know this is your house too but I just want to know what's going on in that little head of yours that's keeping you from going back"

I sighed staring at the tv for a bit before turning to her

"I just don't feel comfortable living there Des. Like I feel like they judge everything I do. I don't like being at home with her folks because I feel like they talk down on me thinking I'm this broke nigga who can't provide for them"

"First of all you aren't broke. Second of all they can't say shit about you because you have never disrespected their home or daughter.  You're still young Kain and barely getting back out there after everything that has happened over the last year and a half. It's not easy but don't let them make you feel bad about yourself. You've been applying to jobs and you're going back to get your GED. so don't feel bad" She told

Since everything that's been going on I was kicked out of school due to poor attendance and grades. So I've been out of school for a few months but I'm working on getting my GED because I do plan on going to college.

"I know but I don't know it's just the vibe I get that makes me feel like I over stayed my welcome"

"Kain there is no reason why you should be struggling when you know that you have a home here. Move back in with me"

"I can't.You already have all these kids and I can't be a burden on you"

"Kain you want to get smacked?"

"Nooo"

"Then stop. You're always over here anyways so why not move here permanently?"

"I don't know man. What about Carter?"

"What about him?" She asked

"What if he doesn't want me to move in? I can't just come into ya'll house like that"

"Kain as long as I pay bills in this house you're welcomed here. This is my house too and besides Carter loves having you around"

Des started working back at the law firm again so she was back to getting her money as well as going to school.

"I still don't know. You sure?"

"Carter" She yelled causing him to run into the living room

"Wassup ya'll good?"

"Yeah but Kain doesn't want to live with Diamond anymore so I told him he can move in with us but he thinks you won't be okay with it" She told him

"Man bro you know you're more than welcome to stay here. This your house too. You know you and Des basically a package so you're more than welcome to stay with us. You can even bring yo girl and son to live here. We moving soon so we gonna have way more room" He said taking a seat across from us

"And when exactly were you going to tell me that we're moving?" Desire questioned him

"Right now"He smiled wide.

".I'll handle you later" She mugged him

"Thank you I appreciate it guys. Like thank you for everything ya'll do for me. But I don't think I wanna have Diamond move in with me" I told them truthfully

"Why not? What happened?" Carter asked

"I don't know I just feel like there's no connection and we're only trying to force a relationship because of Shawn. Like it didn't help that I had no feelings for her before so now it's just like do I still wanna be with her. I think we both need some time apart to see what we really want to do"

Don't get me wrong I love Diamond but I don't know if I'm in love with her. I never been in a real relationship before so all this was new to me. All I did was fuck random females but it was never more than just sex. I just so happen to end up knocking her up so we decided to try it out for the sake of our son.

But with everything that went on and basically being forced to move in with her because I had no other place to go didn't help out our situation. It just made me feel like I was really trapped and then her family made it no better. I felt like the were judging me without knowing all the facts.

Diamond knew everything but I didn't allow her to tell any of her family members anything because I felt as if it wasn't their business to know. I didn't need sympathy from them or even worse. Give them some else to talk about. They already didn't like the fact that I was younger than her so they'll find any excuse to call me immature and an unfit boyfriend and father.

"Then I suggest you guys try this relationship thing without being with each other 24/7. Find things ya'll have in common. Take her on dates. Try to get to know her on a different level than you do now" Carter said and I nodded agreeing

"Yeah I feel like that's what we need to do because we real life don't know shit about each other"

"Well don't worry kid you'll figure everything out soon. But for the time being talk to her and let them know you'll be moving out"

"I got ya'll thank you"

"Anytime"

A little chapter on Kain since he hasn't had one in a bit.

REMEBER DONT GET ATTACHED TO ANY OF THE CHARACTERS! OR YOU WILL BE HURT!!!!!!!!

Thoughts?

Comment

Vote