Chapter 74

Not edited

DAVE

Two Months Later

Two Months Later.

"Where ya'll coming from?" Kain asked as Desire and I walked into the kitchen where he was seated eating pizza.

"Dave had to get his wounds checked out and baby girl here had to get her shots" Desire said holding up the car seat a bit so he could see our bundle of joy Nailani Jai Brewster.

"How she do?" Kain asked as he took a bite of his pizza

"She handled that shit like a champ. Didn't shed a tear. She was actually laughing" I laughed taking a seat

"Aw shit she's going to grow up a psychopath" He shook his head making us laugh

"No she's not. She's just not gonna be a cry baby" Desire hit Kain's shoulder.

"I'm playing but what about you big bro? How's everything going for you?"

"Good. My shit healed up quicker than they expected so I'm off bed rest and can finally go back to work and doing shit" I said happy that I was finally able to work on getting things back to normal. I know Mugga and Jungle need my help running the dealership and honestly now with another child to take care of I was more than ready to get back to work.

I know my kids will never need for shit for the simple fact that Ant left everyone set for life. But that didn't mean I was going to rely on that money to get them through. I was going to work my ass off to not only show my kids but Desire as well that I can take care of them. That as long I'm here they don't have to worry about anything.

"I'm going to go feed Nailani and put her down for a nap"Desire said walking out the kitchen heading to her room.

"How you feeling?" Kain asked

"About what?"

"About everything. What's yo next step with Desire? I know you still love her and want to marry her. We all saw the ring" He smiled

If anybody was rooting for us heavy it was Kain. Ever since he met Desire he's always rooted for us.

"I don't think I'll ever stop loving her. Shit I'm still in love with that woman but it's all on her. I'ma talk to her about giving it one last try because I'm more than ready for it. I've been working on myself and my anger which was a big reason why we never really worked out"

"You think ya'll can actually make it work this time?"

"I know we can. When we first gave it a try we were both young with the weight of the entire world on our shoulders. We were young fighting demons from our past that neither of us bothered to face. We were homeless for a minute then we finally got a crib but we were still broke. Not knowing how we were going to eat. Had people looking for us. Then we end up with Heaven,you and Layla. So now not only were we trying to fight for our lives and for us to survive we now had to fight for ya'll. It was easier with Heaven because she had her own money but we had to give it our all for you and Layla. And even though Desire didn't have to cause ya'll were my responsibility she still did. We were so young  going through so much shit that if we told most people they would think we were making shit up. We were both scared that we would leave each other like everyone else left us that we spent most of our time pushing each other away"