"Ok, I'm doing another giant scan!"

Madran summoned Nightingale, preforming yet another massive scan. However, all of the walls turned a soft lime green.

"Oh God, ow, my eyes."

Madran squinted.

"Gosh, even with contacts this is hard to look at."

"You wear contacts?"

"Yeah, Plague, where else did my glasses go?"

"You did look quite adorable in glasses..."

Madran shrugged.

"Ok, so, this is like a pick your poison type of thing."

Madran walked forwards into a more open space.

"So, we can either all take damage or do a fight."

"That's easy! Do a fight."

Philemon then spoke up.

"If we would wish to conserve energy, then we could go the way of just taking damage. Fights take up resources that aren't easily replaceable."

Madran scanned the two floors.

"Well, lets do a vote. All who wanna do a fight, say aye!"

Yorick, Suga, and Sheila responded.

"Ok! It's decided!"

Madran walked onto the left tile. Two shadows appeared, and transformed into two Nekomatas.

"Ok, Butterfly! Hit 'em with that Mazio!"

Philemon directed a Mazio at the Nekomatas, knocking them over. Madran then initiated an All-Out Attack, and took them out.

"Ok! Let's continue."

Madran bounced along, and found several more tiles, each with a battle or alternative. Madran pressed everyone to take the battle route, until she got to the tenth square. Along the way, Madran and Suga both learned newer skills. Nightingale, according to her, gained the ability to utilize Maragion, which was an Agilao to all enemies, and Bubonia gained Diarama, which was a better heal to one target.

"Hey, Fwoosh?"

"Yeah?"

"Why don't we just take a different route? Like, that last one had five Scathachs."

"Hmm..."

Madran looked at the two options. One was a Marakunda at the beginning of a battle, and the other was a battle.

"Well, a bit of defense down can't hurt!"

Madran walked over the tile that included the slight disadvantage in the next battle. Everyone followed, and was very relieved at this decision.

"So, what now?"

Madran scanned again. Now, there were three tiles.

"One's a battle with an instant Rakunda on the strongest member of the party, another's a Masukunda on everyone and then a battle, and the third's just a Debilitate on everyone."

"Well, I'm going with the first one. Does everyone agree?"

Sheila looked around, and everyone nodded. Madran stepped on the tile. Then, three shadows jumped out. A crowd of Decarabias appeared from them, and Chicory was hit by a Rakunda.

"Ok! Hey, Suga, let's use that Gale Blast thing!"

Suga nodded, and the pair hit the crowd with a Gale Blast, knocking them all over.