Back Into Waiting

Start from the beginning

"It was fine. The project is going good, and Suga actually had an ok time in gym."

"Well, thank goodness. Also, I talked with Maya, and she did say that she was available for some time just running around the city, but she was planning on having dinner with her friends."

"Oh, ok. Well, I'll be ready soon!"

Madran got to doing her school work, and made sure her hair wasn't a complete cluster-truck of frizziness.

"Ok! I'm ready!"

It had been about an hour, and Elia had been waiting. She made sure Chicory was fed, and said goodbye to him.

"Ok. I'll let Maya know where to meet us."

Madran and Elia then set out to go to the subway station and enter Shibuya. Once they were there, they waited until they saw Maya and Yukino walking up to them.

"Ciao, everyone!"

"Hi, Maya-san!"

Madran waved to her after hearing her greeting, and they all met together.

"Well, how are you two doing?"

"Good. This one, er, 'internet celebrity' is pestering me"

"Oh my. What about you, Madran?"

"I'm good! Well, a bit better than mom. I'm doing a project in Japanese class where I'm writing a story fully in Japanese. Funny how despite me living here for 10 years, I still don't know perfect Japanese."

"Yes, Madran, and you still seem to be struggling at it."

Elia smirked and Madran nudged her. Maya smiled.

"Well, my first language is Japanese, but one of my parents were Italian."

"Cool! Um, let's get going."

The group walked into Shibuya.

"So, Yukino, um, san, how are you?"

"You can just call me Yukino. I'm doing good. Maya and I just handled a news report about Proctora-san. Goodness, that man is miserable."

"Even after...?"

"Yes. Even after that. Despite him not being toxic, he still hates everything."

"Ouch. At least he's more self-contained now, and not projecting it onto everyone else."

"Yeah. I felt sorry for your friend. Suga, was it?"

"Yeah."

"Also, I've been hearing many, well, allegations come out against that Shiini person. Like, sexual assault, pedophilia, and more..."

"Well, surprise surprise!"

"What?! You... you pulled it off?"

Yukino looked at Madran and was in intense disbelief at how proficient Madran was at heart-changing. They had arrived in a less-populated area, so Madran began to speak.

"Yeah. I might get Margaret to get that lesser version of the Metanav on your phone so you can see what we're up to."

Maya seemed to be beaming.

"Goodness, last time this was happening, it was with adults! Madran, are you aware of the effect you're having on society?"

"Huh? Is it bad?"

"No! People are finding the power to speak out against these wrongs with your help."

"Well, yeah, as soon as it's announced that we're doing another thing, everyone starts helping out."