A Shiny New Coat of Paint

Start from the beginning

Madran scanned a bit.

"The Safe Room is this way!"

Madran began to run down the bedazzled halls, and was impressed at how decorated the interior was. It had golden walls, ornate ceiling lights that were well-spaced apart, and a richly decorated carpet below. Madran, however, spared her amazement to focus on running to the large, golden doors that she desperately needed at that moment.

"Down there!"

Madran heard a few bouncers begin to chase them.

"Plague, hold the rear!"

Suga dropped behind, slowing the guards with a Magaru. Philemon activated a Masukukaja, speeding everyone up. He then aimed a Masukunda back at the chasers, which did the opposite to them.

"Hurry! It's just up there!"

Madran could hear the bouncers getting verbally frustrated. However, her slight hope vanished when three more appeared boxing them in.

"Uh, this is bad!"

"Let me try!"

Sheila summoned Nefertiti, activating a Hama. This caused the guards to scatter somewhat, as they didn't want to be killed. Madran then used a Rampage via Nightingale, temporarily clearing the group.

"Now's our chance! Hurry!"

Madran flung the door to the Safe Room open, and everyone piled inside.

"Phew... that was hectic."

"I have a sneaky suspicion that Shadow Shiini knows we're here."

Madran nodded.

"Yeah, Beauty, I second that."

Everyone sat down in various seats, taking in a few deep breaths.

"Hey, Butterfly, how do you breathe through that mask?"

"I manage."

"What's your face under that mask? Did you accidentally super-glue it to your face?"

Philemon took a small, brown string put around the back of his head that was attached to his mask and twanged it.

"Nope."

Sheila tilted her head.

"Why don't you take it off? How long have you worn it?"

"No, I'm not taking it off."

Suga looked over at him.

"Is it because of Maya's incident?"

"Um, Plague, didn't we agree not to mention any special little Amano around him?"

"Right."

Madran stood up.

"Ok! Let's go!"

Everyone nodded, standing up and leaving the Safe Room. There was no sign of the bouncers anywhere, which gave Madran as much confidence as she needed to continue on into the palace.

"What do you see, Madran?"

"Um... I see some hallways, duh, a few non-bouncer things, Shadow Shiini?"

"What?"

"Um, he just vanished."

Nightingale sighed.

"Gosh, this is taking forever."

"This way!"

Madran took a sudden turn.