123. The daily job

Work may be a 'duty,' or it may be a 'choice,' or it may be a 'value.'

Many want to walk free from the same old routine of commuting, working and sleeping, from the boring nine-to-five-jobs and the so-called 'magic roundabouts' of daily life. They don't want to belong to the category of the day-in, day-outers, the grinders.

For many, however, routine creates a sense of security, and one needn't reflect, only has to follow the usual track, and needn't worry too much. The others are merely parasites or underachieving losers. Whereas they are slogging and doing their daily job, the others are just goldbricking.

Other social groups have a different viewpoint: "Workers of the world unite and make fun!"

Laziness can be a value on its own for those who want to show supremacy through contempt for work and wish to be free individuals by fighting the enslavement to labor. While they don't want to become dependent on 'wage slavery' and their livelihood only hinges on salaries, they feel confined to social stratification, causing a collective stigma that results in poverty and underfeeding.

Moreover, the intensification of labor may initiate stress, which can lead to burnouts. For that reason, they want the state to pay them for their status of idleness and suggest the possibility of sponsoring laziness and providing a basic salary to every citizen

 For that reason, they want the state to pay them for their status of idleness and suggest the possibility of sponsoring laziness and providing a basic salary to every citizen