A Precious Balance of Activities

Start from the beginning

"Well, yeah."

Suga and Madran got on the subway to school. Kids going to school got a free ride, due to the generosity of the subway people, knowing that not all kids had the money to take a full ten minute ride. And, after those ten minutes were up, Suga and Madran got off to head to Shojin Academy. Madran listened in to a few conversations along the way.

"Wow, wasn't it cold last night?"

"Yeah. Although, turning the AC up to 80 probably wasn't a great idea."

Madran chuckled, but stopped doing so when a girl darted past her.

"Hey! Watch it!"

Suga watched her go.

"Hm. We still have 30 minutes before school starts, so why is she in a rush?"

Suga and Madran walked up the steps to the entrance of the school. There was no sign of the annoying gym teacher, and instead, the principal was there. He was an incredibly fat man, and was short, which didn't help. He also had the same bald issue as Madran's dad, but it somehow looked worse than the probably gallons of head grease that Travert applied on his head to make the full baldness shimmer.

"Hi, guys!"

Sheila ran up to them.

"Hi, Sheila."

"Um, I had a weird d-"

"Philemon."

"WHAT?!"

Sheila quickly covered her mouth.

"Um, how do you know, Madran?"

"Because I got the same dream."

"Hmm. Me too. He told me to watch out for rats."

"He told me to fly!"

"Yikes."

Madran, Sheila, and Suga all discussed the possible meanings behind what he said. However, they all parted ways to go to different classes. Madran went to her homeroom, which was English. She loved that class, and especially the teacher, Kawakami-kun. She sat next to the school council president, Makoto, which somewhat ruined the mood, but she still liked it.

"Good morning, Madran."

Makoto looked up at Madran. Madran smiled as hard as she could.

"Hi. Good Mormin."

Madran slipped over her word, blah-ing and sitting down.

"How's your da-"

"For the last time, please stop asking about my dad."

Makoto sighed, fixing her brown hairband. She had brown hair that went slightly past her ears, had naturally red eyes, and a perfectly slim face to compliment her hair. Her fair skin seemed to have a slight blush to it, which Madran assumed was makeup.

"Ok, just as-"

"The student council president, it's your job to worry about the students. Don't worry, that fatass's got nothing on me."

Makoto flinched.

"We don't use that language here."

"Whatever!"

The teacher, Ms. Kawakami, entered the room. She was a kind woman, with a slim frame, short and curly black hair, and kind, warm eyes.

"Good morning, everyone!"

The class began, and school went on. However, the lunch break came, and Madran found herself eating with Sheila and Suga.

"So, how was class?"